Cleaning makeup brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Witch

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to makeup & I just wondered how all you MUA clean your brushes.

Hi, I'm new to makeup & I just wondered how all you MUA clean your brushes.
For spot cleaning I use Parian Spirit on anything cream based as it's pretty tough. I also like the beauty so clean one (more soapy) for just powders.

For a deep clean, I use liquid baby shampoo for most brushes. The ones that are harder to clean like kabuki / foundation brushes, I find it easier to clean them on a block of soap. I use a silicon mitt as well to help give them a good scrub without damaging them.

Metsolve by Guru - degreaser, super quick and super efficient - brushes are dryy in minutes x

Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo. The orange one that has conditioner in it. It leaves my brushes so soft

Hello,
I use Sephora’s Daily Brush Cleaner! I would like to use
- A shallow bowl
- Baby shampoo
- My sink
- A lint free cloth making smooth my brushes !

I Spot clean with Mac brush cleaner then thoroughly wash with baby shampoo x

I am using my face cleanser to clean the brushes.

Thankyou all,
Looks like I'll have to purchase some baby shampoo. I already have a spot cleaner, but just wanted to know the best way to deep clean my brushes. X

For tough stains you can use dishwashing liquid. I also use a silicon oven mitt that I bought off eBay. It's awesome

I spot clean with the good old MAC one and my deep clean product of choice for a year or so has been the Japonesque Goat Mild solid brush cleaner. Great for travel too as you know it won't leak :)

Latest posts

Back