client address book help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dids

Reaction score
Are there any computer genius's out there who can help me, please. iv'e spent ages typing all my clients names and addresses into microsoft address book, hoping that I would be able to print them all onto stickey labels for my christmas mailing. But tried to print and it prints telephone number as well and it doesn't print onto labels (too big). So been told to print from word. Tried that but every time I try to open the address book while in word it says microsoft express is needed. tried every way I can think of and am really starting to pull my hair out. Any tips to get going with this. Thanks in anticipation. If not can anyone suggest some inexpensive softwear to store dtails and which labels can be printed.

Microsoft word does labels and can import from your adress book or from acessdatabses

scattyfox said:
Microsoft word does labels and can import from your adress book or from acessdatabses
tried this but it says microsoft express needed. i dont even know what that is.

Hi,

Why don't you just enter your clients details into an Excel spreadsheet and then do a mailmerge.

You can do this for both letters and address labels. It's much easier !

River

River said:
Hi,

Why don't you just enter your clients details into an Excel spreadsheet and then do a mailmerge.

You can do this for both letters and address labels. It's much easier !

River

Do you know how I can transfer the hundreds of names and address's which took hours & hours to type into excel without re-doing them all again.i dont think I can face doing it again.

Cor glad you could read that just went back and looked at it, it was bad even for me.

Yes before you all shout at me again i DO know where the spellchecker is and NO i dont use it lol
x

Hi

in response to your problem you need to export your address book into a tab or comma separated document and then from word go to mail merge mailing labels. you can then choose the fields you want to print to your label. use the wizard to guide you through. hint print it to a new document until you are sure it is right.

i hope this helps.

Hi

in response to your problem you need to export your address book into a tab or comma separated document and then from word go to mail merge mailing labels. you can then choose the fields you want to print to your label. use the wizard to guide you through. hint print it to a new document until you are sure it is right.

i hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back