Client advice - what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimee06

Reaction score
Hi guys sorry it's going to be a long one...
Right I have a client who's hair extensions I did a few months ago we decided on fusion bonds as thought they would be most suitable for her hair and lifestyle. I did the set at a small discount as she only wanted 14", when I was putting them in she was parnoid how high I was putting them, even tho I explained if I don't take them a certain way up she will have a wedge, anyway I said I'll leave some out and if she decides she wants more in I'll come back to put them in (free if charge).
She went straight to her hairdresser to get them cut (didn't want me to cut them as had the same hairdresser for 15 years). Few days later she texts to say her hairdresser thinks she needs a few more in, so I go back put the rest in.
2 months later she texts again saying the bonds are growing through and can be seen in the hair so wants them removing and reapply. I go to see her and as she had the extensions cut so short (only an inch or 2 longer than her hair) her hair would be longer than the extensions if I reapplied the same hair. She decided on a new set however she wanted something that can be maintenanced instead of removing to save her money as the hair was still in good condition. Her hair is quite fine which is why I recommended the bonds in the first place... Going against my recommendation she wanted to try the shrink links so I did as she asked (I did tell her to leave her hair a little longer this time incase we have to bond them in I'd she doesn't get on with the shrink links).
2 weeks later I get a text saying she's lost a few and a few have slipped down a little, I texted back basically saying that it is normal to lose a few and I did explain this at her consultation and this is why I thought bonds would be more suitable. She texts back saying we'll she doesn't want to have to buy new hair every 8 weeks.
1. She would get longer than 8 weeks if she wasn't paronid you could see them because you couldn't.
2. If she didn't chop all the hair off she would be able to reuse it.
She said she will give it a week and see how she goes and that's how it's been left for now.
As she was a returning customers I charged her the same price as the 1st time and also didn't charge her to remove them. Should I suggest she has them bonded back in and should I charge her? On the rare occasion my clients have problems I always fix for free however I believe she's had enough freebies off me and I did everything right.
Advise please- sorry it's so long x

Are you trained In any other methods like micro weft or tape in as the micro weft would possibly suit her better if she wants them last longer than 8 weeks. The tape is less viable than bonds as well I'm not trained in them methods but going to Oakley academy next month as I have clients that would suit these better.

She sounds like she's had a bad experience before with her hair I wouldn't worry to much

Latest posts

Back