Client complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodieN

Reaction score
Good evening,

I have had a client for a brow service tonight, she left paid and was happy

I then recieved a text 40 minutes later saying she has been elsewhere she wasn't happy and she is demanding a refund she will not tell me where she has been and said it is irrelevant.

She has sent a picture but I can't see any difference what would you do in these circumstances

If she can't give you a good reason for requesting a refund then I'd reply pointing out that she was happy when she left and therefore there's no question of a refund being offered.

What was she unhappy about?
If she was happy at the time and has had no contra actions that concern you then you shouldn't refund her. She needs to tell you exactly what she isn't happy about.

If she had a problem she should have returned to you and asked you to change them.

Thanks for the responses she said age wasn't happy with the shape the picture she has Sent me show no difference and she refuses to send me a picture of both eyebrows straight on saying it's irrelevant

She didn't come back to you to give you the chance to rectify so I wouldn't give a refund

I would ask her to come back into the salon in person not contact via text message. She was happy & pAid for the service performed...if she wasn't she should have said at the time. As she has decided to go elsewhere I would informed her you cannot do anything for her as she has now interfered with the service you performed by going to another therapist. If she insists on texting you then just send ONE more reply with "please contact the salon on (tel no) to arrange to see myself in the salon - I can then resolve your concerns" or something along those lines, if she texts you again aft that do not reply. X

I think you have to weigh up how much trouble she could cause you against the cost of her service. She obviously isn't going to come back to you again, but she could go online and post negative reviews which will be there for the whole world to see for ever.

I appreciate it's very annoying when clients are completely unreasonable and she's not entitled to just demand her money back - but will you come to regret standing firm?

I had a customer complain once that I had balanced her brows! She'd been happy when she left but then her sister saw her and obviously said something and she came in to complain and demand her money back. I always learn something useful from the (very rare) complaint and I treat this as a learning opportunity - so I don't fret too much if it costs me money because I end up gaining valuable customer insight. If I realise that a customer is unhappy with her treatment I always refuse payment - it probably isn't very businesslike but it makes me feel better. And ultimately, it doesn't really matter what I do - the customer is still going to blame me for not delivering her expectations, but it does give me a chance to recover my reputation which is worth far more than the service.

Latest posts

Back