Client complaints!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trained with the mind set that clients are paying for a service (with. The way times are now having your hair done is a real treat for many) so it's my duty to ensure that they leave (and return) happy. Any haircuts that are 'wrong' in the clients eyes would e corrected free of charge- the same would apply for colour.

On the few occasions I have had an issues are when perhaps there has been a miscommunication (it might just be a slight thing) colours look different in other lights-after a wash and perhaps when styled differently.

My take is that it would be good practice to follow up, wether she's a chancer or not she's a potential client.If she had phoned 8 weeks later then yes totally she's trying it on and wants a colour refresh and a trim but as its very recent what does she have to gain from getting another cut and colour?

It's worth getting her I think, it shows you care

I have been trained with the mind set that clients are paying for a service (with. The way times are now having your hair done is a real treat for many) so it's my duty to ensure that they leave (and return) happy. Any haircuts that are 'wrong' in the clients eyes would e corrected free of charge- the same would apply for colour.

On the few occasions I have had an issues are when perhaps there has been a miscommunication (it might just be a slight thing) colours look different in other lights-after a wash and perhaps when styled differently.

My take is that it would be good practice to follow up, wether she's a chancer or not she's a potential client.If she had phoned 8 weeks later then yes totally she's trying it on and wants a colour refresh and a trim but as its very recent what does she have to gain from getting another cut and colour?

It's worth getting her I think, it shows you care

Agreed.
What exactly would she be gaining from having 2 hair cuts in a week?? If she was really really happy with her hair then surly she wouldn't want to have it done again so soon? If we were talking 6 weeks ago then I'd tell her where to go but last week??

Thing is I already said she can have it cut shorter next IF she wants. And it will be a dry cut water spray down! But colour I will stand my ground! She said I don't usually see as much of my roots as this ( on the phone after saying how lovely it looked in the salon) my highlights could not been any bloody closer to the root I could do them in my sleep! X

I think you have done the right thing so stick to your guns and trust your instincts. She's obviously just "1 of they clients" we could live without. x

Thanks Laura :)

And in reply to others.. Yes she was 100% satisfied when leaving saying she would return. And i also always make sure all my clients are happy. Who on earth wouldn't????

As I have explained on here many times - she said to me when I started putting the foils in her hair "i always just go back to a salon if I'm not happy" which seems she makes a habit of doing that then to bring that up.

In answer to your question - I think what she would have to "gain" is possibly asking for a refund. Or getting some form discount. As many times she complained about restaurants and complaining and they didn't give her any money back. All seems too obvious to me!

I am happy with the way I run my business, the clients I have are lovely and I have a good reputation. With the majority of people on here saying I am right in what I'm doing and that she is a "chancer". I am glad I came to this board!

Id have done the same babe, go with your instincts ;) xx

If a client complain I think I'd be so sad really ;(

You will always get people like that, no matter how good you are! Or how much of a good job you have done so shouldn't worry about it hun.

No, by no means should you give a refund, she is paying for your time, energy and products, also..

1)You havn't damaged her hair or skin.
2)You gave her the colour she asked for.
3)You consulted her asking if she would like it shorter or changed.
4)You have done nothing wrong..

and your even willing to let her come back and fix the 'problem', so no do not give her a refund. Some people just want everything free!

has she come back in?

Nope, not yet!

She didn't phone or come in at all so I was worrying for nothing. It has knocked my confidence a tad but then I have so many regulars who are happy - even though one who is "not sure" on the phone after but more than happy to my face, stands out more to me than the happy ones! X

Dont let her get to you. I bet you cant even count the amount of amazing hairdos you have done and how many clients have loved there hair to let 1 client who obviously moans about everything get to you. She will be one of these people who phone in 4 weeks saying im still not happy with it hoping for a free hair do. Some people are just chancers especially people who go for the offers. I have found sometimes your better of without special offers. I wouldnt give her a refund and if she hasnt phone within 7 days of her hair being done the first time I wouldnt fix the cut either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Well the client didn't call again but yesterday wrote on my Facebook page when I posted spaces left this week call to book blah blah - "thanks but no thanks!" Then deleted me so unfortunately I could not reply! Charming lady!

Well the client didn't call again but yesterday wrote on my Facebook page when I posted spaces left this week call to book blah blah - "thanks but no thanks!" Then deleted me so unfortunately I could not reply! Charming lady!

:-O ! No need for that at all!! I think I'd block her so she can't comment on anything else. You definitely do not need or wants clients like that! Xx

Oh what a nasty piece of work. I had a nasty client this week.

She was in for make up and before I even started she said
"I am very particular so be warned"

I felt like telling her where to go

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just feel I need to say that EVERYTHING is chemical and they've actually proven (watch Bang Goes The Theory ;P) that no amount of sweetener will cause cancer.

Back on topic she sounds like she loved it, has gone home and her daughter's said she isn't keen and its made her doubt herself.
I've had it a couple times where I've done a clients nails a little out there, maybe glitter or a design and she loves it, then the daughter walks in and says - oh that's not very you! And suddenly the client is uncomfortable with it and just wants nude.

She's a woman, entitled to change her mind. She did love it now she doesn't, not your fault :D x

Thanks girls - I just think her writing a comment on my Facebook proved my point and I was right with my gut feeling. Doing something like that is immature and sly! If she had a real genuine problem she would have come in.

And Chelsea - yes I agree with you! Thanks. Also she never said it was because of cancer just she didn't like it - I'm no stranger to cancer myself - if we believed everything they said may cause it we wouldn't leave the house.

I've had a couple :( but not for a whole but is always get tge client back in if they were unhappy so they can explain their issues in person

Sweetners are pure chemical, some still available in the UK have been banned in the US and other places due to being proven to cause cancerous mutations

Of the subject but if someone gave me a sweetener I'd get a severe migraine and feel very faint. Many people who suffer migraine can't tolerate "aspartame" which is used in sweeteners as it's a trigger for migraine so I'd be careful about that.

Of the subject but if someone gave me a sweetener I'd get a severe migraine and feel very faint. Many people who suffer migraine can't tolerate "aspartame" which is used in sweeteners as it's a trigger for migraine so I'd be careful about that.

I can tell the difference in taste. Sweetener is horrible, nasty, man made stuff and since I cut it out my diet. Ie NO DIET FOODi haven't suffered a single migraine. If you offer drinks and ask "would you like sugar" then you should provide "sugar" if they ask for a sweetener then you give them a sweetener :)

Back to the woman herself..sounds like a waste of time and effort xx

I can tell the difference in taste. Sweetener is horrible, nasty, man made stuff and since I cut it out my diet. Ie NO DIET FOODi haven't suffered a single migraine. If you offer drinks and ask "would you like sugar" then you should provide "sugar" if they ask for a sweetener then you give them a sweetener :)

Back to the woman herself..sounds like a waste of time and effort xx

Agreed. Sweetener is very different to sugar. Useful with cheap bleach though.

Agreed. Sweetener is very different to sugar. Useful with cheap bleach though.

Moral of the story... Don't use cheap ass bleach! I might pay less for mine but it is by no means cheap! ;) x

Latest posts

Back