Client help, nail extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claireyfairey13

Reaction score
A new client has contacted me and asked me to change the colour of her extensions. The original nail tech she used is not replying to her messages... she confirmed they are gel extensions but that they were infilled 2 weeks later with a powder substance (by the same tech) and the colour overlay is CND shellac. I only do gel extensions and I think it sounds like they've been infilled with acrylics. Should I rebalance with gel, buff off colour and replace or remove the whole enhancement? If so it's likely I'll need to buff off the gel? I only use soak off gel for my enhancements but I think it's likely this will be buff off gel. Can anyone suggest the best course of action? We are now 2 weeks down the line from the infill she got from the other nail tech, so for gels you can infill then rebalance then remove and apply new. I prefer my clients to go back to the original tech for removals but as I say she has tried with no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.

Explain nicely to her since you don't know what products the other nail tech have used and you don't know if your products are compatible with her you have to take them off and put a new set.

Thanks so much, should I try soaking off first or just buff of? As I say, I only use soak off gels for my enhancements, so buff off is new to me... although I believe buff off is more widely used x

Last edited:
Also, if the client is adamant she doesn't want an infill / removal and just wants the colour changed (against my advice) would u do this or just refuse? She did say the overlay was shellac so I can remove and reapply the colour only.

Can anyone help with my follow up questions? I'm still new to nails so just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing :) x

The problem is you don't know what is under shellac so if she want just colour change buff of the colour and I hope is no lifting there and reapplied I'll still charge her for removal and reapplied on shellac.

thanks very much :) x

You can infill over L& P with your gel but if I ever do that I always point out to the client that they may not last as long as normal and you can not guarantee the work.

As you dont know what has been used you are right to say it could be buff off .You could spend hours trying to get the product off depending on what it is ( could be NSS which is a beggar to shift ) and quite possibly damage her nails in the process

You need to approach this long term . Tell her its best to just infill/re balance and continue this way until the current product has grown off then she will be left with your product but she must accept that initially she needs to return ever two weeks to have them maintained

Let her know the health of her nails are your main concern and it will be a long term project

Agree with perfect10 above but if you only use soak off gel and not hard gel, I don't know if it's going to offer the same strength to the client. But you'd probably not notice that for 1 or 2 infills but then may have problems.

I never have a problem infilling other techs work as long as the product is nice and tight and no lifting etc. Def buff off x

Latest posts

Back