Client help please-Shellac/Gelissimo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012salon

Reaction score
Dear Nail Techs,

I have been through numerous threads and research and cannot find any resolution to my clients nail problem...

I have a new client who has had shellac previously but came to me last month.
She has had an approx 6-8 month gap of no shellac, and she went to a dodgy place who did the fake version some time ago.
I did hot pop pink as you can see,
But within the week it was coming off and I saw her again after 7 days to redo them. I only redid the 5 that came off and added some art- please see photo
But 5 days later she requested they be removed as the original 5 were coming off. I didn't mind, she was a lovely client but was in a rush so I couldn't do the entire shellac again.
Last week she came for a gelissimo pedi and I trialled the accent nails with gellisimo too on her hands but by Thursday I got this pic of it coming off!
She has eczema, and is sensitive to creams etc so has to use exclusive products. Her nails look normal (no psoriasis etc) with minor peeling on couple nails which I buffed gently. Her nails are thin though.
I'm going to do brisa lite course next month but not sure if this will benefit her,
She's getting married soon and wants lovely nails but not if it doesn't last.

Any help, guidance, wise words would be greatly appreciated x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397384290.456762.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397384426.530772.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397383645.413756.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397383645.413756.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 117
Silly question,but have you tried something not pink? My mum can't keep shellac on,but all other colours are fine,I have a lady that has the same problem at work too,they look healthy,if there very thin,and she bends the nail the shellac won't be flexible enough,it will just crackle and split,maybe try a firmer gel,or brisa or acrylic to see if this holds in place?

The gelissimo was lilac but no I haven't tried another colour...
I don't do acrylics but I did suggest a uv gel overlay, just weird that she used to have shellac before with no problems but now nothing stays

Sometimes i find medication can change things, also diet

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back