Client help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayneBow

Reaction score
Right so I need your opinion ladies.
Yesterday I had these two clients that arrived with their carers. My friend is one of the carers. They have booked in for a pre holiday wax and pamper. They were just going to have polish on their hands and toes, but I was told by both carers they don't keep polish on long. I said I would put a few layers of gel over the top to Help them keep them on for longer and wouldn't charge them any more. I also gave them free twinkle toes because they were so excited by my glitter. Both carers were thrilled and thanked me and both clients left gushing about how happy they were.

I have just had a phone call from one of the girls mum to tell me she's very disappointed in her nails and thinks they are a "bit much". Says she's already chipped one and wants them all removing and a refund. My treatments yesterday I would have normally charged £56 each. I only charged this girl £37. So I'm £19 straight away. I have no problem removing them but don't feel I should refund as well? What do you all think?

Oh and they went to a farm project yesterday but I'm assured they didn't do anything as they didn't want to spoil their nails.

She's coming back at 3:10 so I need help please!! Xxx

Seeing as they told you they were happy when they left, I would say I had already discounted the treatment for them but I would remove for free as a good will gesture. Hate situations like these! Maybe remove and just polish on a new colour to save having to give any money back?

Yes I think I will remove for free and even polish again but not for her mums sake, but so my client is happy. She's not happy her mum is saying to have them off bless her :(

So it's not even the client that's unhappy, only the mum?!

Yes. The client is a 24 year old woman who has learning disabilities. Knew her own mind though, knew what she wanted, and I was careful that I checked with the Carer before proceeding

Maybe advise the mum that if she's making the decisions, she should be the one to come with her next time? Poor girl xx

Then this is a case of her mum doesn't like them. I would not be refunding at all. Maybe take them off as a good will gesture...but the fact that the client doesn't want them off poses a bit of a moral dilemma! Was a consent/consultation form signed? Either by client or carer?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I agree. Either that or provide specific instructions about what the are/not allowed. From what I can see they don't wear make up or go to the hairdressers so it was a real treat for them. They kept asking me weather they could come back again, and repeatedly thanking me bless them. I feel really bad for this girl though :(

Yes the carers signed consent forms, but they weren't specific on treatments. Perhaps I should start to do separate ones for each treatment? It's so weird. In the whole 5 years I've been doing beauty I've never had anything like this!

difficult, but i think in this situation the mum should be speaking to the carer and advising her on what she wants her daughter to have or the mum should be the one attending the appointments.

This is between the mother and the carer.

you have not done anything wrong, i would say you will remove for free but will not be refunding, as you have followed the correct procedure.
x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Thanks for your replies. That's what I'm gonna do. Stand my ground! This is what you get for doing favours for people eh :( dreading them arriving now x

let us know how it goes

Hey so I removed both and painted an opi base and top coat over to Help them after the filling. The Carer was very apologetic and the client kept saying sorry :((

I explained to the Carer that I wouldn't be able to refund and explained how much I'd have charged anyone else. Showing her I gave them a good deal. She totally understood and was thrilled when I applied the natural coats. I now await the mothers response. Watch this space!! Thanks for all your Help girls xxxx

i think you did the right thing

at the age of 24 this client has the right to have whatever treatment she wishes, learning disability or not. the mother should not try to force her opinion on to yourself and put you in this position, she should respect her daughters right to be independent and make her own choices, this is a simple case of an interfering parent ignore her and let the manager of the support team deal with her.

Latest posts

Back