Client in 30 mins-colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I've got a client in shortly who showed me a picture similar to the one below, but the underneath not so dark..
I'm just thinking about placement for the dark?
She is wanting highlights with slightly darker under the fringe and round the face.
How would you go about placement to achieve this? .. I thought about slices through the fringe, but the sides? I'm baffled?
Advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Here's the pic ..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376040902.443615.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376040902.443615.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 243
You could take your side sections diagonally

It looks like its round the entire hairline do that first before you put your foils thru the top

Good luck and post a pic

I would paint it on round the perimeter just make sure when you take the colour off you do the dark first xx

The picture looks more like a block colouring technique, but if you want a more subtle effect with foils, take your sections diagonally away from the face so that you can apply the darker colours around the face.

Thanks for the advice geeks .. If I take diagonal slices for foils on the sides - do you think it would be best to..
1. Paint inbetween the foils around the hairline - back as far as the side foils finish.. (Like inbetween what hair would be coloured when doing t section)
Or
2. Just do all in foils .. Taken diagonally again .. But say every other one as a 'slice' of dark?
sorry to question again, just want to get it perfect :)

I agree with Adam but I would put in foil just to ensure the dark is covered with foil.

I would slice but not leave any hair In between so the areas where the dark is deeper "thicker" just do more slices

Sorry my brain isn't working properly today with description

Of course if you are planning to so this I assume she is skin tested? If so then it looks more like on scalp colour placement rather then full head foils.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you mm29 and all for your advice..
And yes, she came in for a skin test on Tuesday, that is when she showed me the pic of what she had in mind.
She actually chickened out when she got here anyway, so we opted for some peekaboo slices through her fringe as a subtle change :)
She loved it and has rebooked which is great :)
Thank you all once again for your quick guidance and advice xx

Thank you mm29 and all for your advice..
And yes, she came in for a skin test on Tuesday, that is when she showed me the pic of what she had in mind.
She actually chickened out when she got here anyway, so we opted for some peekaboo slices through her fringe as a subtle change :)
She loved it and has rebooked which is great :)
Thank you all once again for your quick guidance and advice xx

No problem, what a shame she chickened out, glad it went well and she rebooked, maybe next time in the meantime get a guinea pig and practice doesn't need to be as strong contrast but to give you an idea of colour placement,
Fashion colours are amazing fun to do and once you do a few you'll get more creative

Full head foils gets so boring lol

Latest posts

Back