Client in on Saturday, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a mind blank of how to achieve this.

I have a client who is around a base 7 or 8.

I usually do bleach regrowth and dialight 9.11. She lifts to a 9/10

She uses her silver shampoo everytime she shampoos so ends are stained grey/silver/blue. Varies in places.

She's sent me the picture and loves it. She wants highlights through what she has but, places are as light as the can get!

I'm thinking to remove the shampoo tone. But would I use a colour remover like Goldwell, or Malibu C. Or a base 10 and 30vol?
I think doing this would show the previous highlights.

Then do a root stretch in something like a 7.1?

Would you do it differently
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449928332.088954.jpg

Personally to get rid of the shampoo stains I would do a gentle bleach bath to try get rid of the stain

I would do a malibu crystal gel first to remove the pigment left over from her shampoo and definitely do an olaplex stand alone treatment to help rebuild her hair it sounds to be quite porous if it is soaking up that much pigment in the shampoo. A treatment and stronger hair will help keep that at bay in the future for her.

Personally to get rid of the shampoo stains I would do a gentle bleach bath to try get rid of the stain

Does the silver shampoo not work in the same way as a direct dye? And stain the cuticle? Wouldn't the bleach work the colour further into the hair?

I would do a malibu crystal gel first to remove the pigment left over from her shampoo and definitely do an olaplex stand alone treatment to help rebuild her hair it sounds to be quite porous if it is soaking up that much pigment in the shampoo. A treatment and stronger hair will help keep that at bay in the future for her.

I use olaplex anyway on this client. I wouldn't have time to do a standalone treatment before, or on the day unfortunately.

Would you both still just do the root stretch? Would 7.1 look too dark?

Silver shampoo for me on my own hair has never stained the cuticle I sometimes mix it with conditioner and leave it on overnight and it washes out in a few washes (I know probably not the right thing to do was a last minute root touch up on my own hair)

To me it doesn't look like a root stretch but that may just be my look on it cos I can't see the top properly!

With her colour is it global bleach roots or foiled bleach roots? I guess the blonde colour you've already got a build up of its more the dark your after?

7.1 may be to dark at first for the client but I think your going to have it last longer than if you go for an 8 base x

She had bleach foils and has had about 3-4 on scalp bleach application.

Yeah it's more the darker. I don't think the ends would get lighter.

I am struggling with whether 7 would be too dark for the client.

What application technique would you use?

I think I'm gonna need to do something like this. But it doesn't look like a colour melt?!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450167861.219107.jpg

For me personally a 7 would be too dark for me going in with my blonde but I don't think your going to have any sort of grab with going up to an 8. Overall she is going to feel a lot darker than what she is now so I would be swayed to go with 8.1 with a bit of 7.1 in the mix.

Application wise it looks like a mixture of different ones if you look at the very front pieces around the face the blonde looks quiet chunky and same in the middle there looks like blocks of the blonde going through but then it looks like the dark is weaved through the top section as both the dark and light are quiet fine.

The last picture you put up finished result looks nice but looks more of a block colour on the ends where as on yours you've got the dark going through to the ends?

It could be just simple foils but the placement and foiling pattern is the key. If you did a root stretch you would still have to do something else to get it through the ends as you said she's now global bleach?

I would probably do foils for this as the pieces are a lot finer it's just what placement I would use I wouldn't be sure of! Sorry I've not been of more help! X

Latest posts

Back