Client is naturally a warm level 8 wanting more of a cool tone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nan21

Reaction score
Hi a new client natural level 8 had previously had nxt level 7 on her roots and bleach balayage on ends with a nxt 10.11 toner .
She felt the roots was too dark and also the grey hairs are so resistant they wasn’t covering ?
I use wella so I used 88/0 with a mix tone /81 ( I think it was without checking ) roots was too warm and grey came back through quickly and this time wants it cooler ? Would 8/69 Illumina work has anyone tried or any other advice . Cooler and better grey coverage . Thank you in advance
7db9e7b9539695b2d61d9170934a818d.jpg
0c42a9d8fe9f46721d34fe082e2a77d8.jpg

Last edited:
Not great pics as can’t see the root . The roots are level 8 quite warm naturally x

Illumina is more of a translucent colour so not a solid coverage. The idea is that it blends the greys rather than covers them completely and offers a more natural looking blonde.
If you are concerned that the colour faded quickly, that could be down to what shampoo she uses. If clients don’t use salon quality shampoo for instance, you need to make it clear that you can’t guarantee longevity of their colour.

Thank you
how cool can we go with the 8 line she may need to go slightly darker to get the coolness ?

Illumina is more of a translucent colour so not a solid coverage. The idea is that it blends the greys rather than covers them completely and offers a more natural looking blonde.
If you are concerned that the colour faded quickly, that could be down to what shampoo she uses. If clients don’t use salon quality shampoo for instance, you need to make it clear that you can’t guarantee longevity of their colour.

Thank you
How cool can we go with wella level 8s always used to enhance warmth never to try and cool off ?

I would try illumina 7/81 on it, especially if your using 6% developer. That should cool the warm areas down. I don't think a base 8 will shift much of the warmth

I would try illumina 7/81 on it, especially if your using 6% developer. That should cool the warm areas down. I don't think a base 8 will shift much of the warmth

Thank you for replying [emoji1360]

Latest posts

Back