Client not happy, help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navymummy

Reaction score
So I done a client for the second time today her first appointment a few weeks ago she had her hair stripped and vibrant copper like the first pic below. Hair was stripped and 7.43 in Loreal dia light all over was very vibrant copper (I would say orange) but she loved it so that was fine.

she complained today that it had faded really quickly and slight blonde bits were showing I advised her I would use the same colour but add in some base for depth and hopefully it wouldn't fade as fast. I literally added a quarter of a tube base 7 and 3/4 tube 7.43 tiny on roots as she is a base 5 then dia light through the ends. She is going out at 3pm tomorrow and wants it more vibrant back to the first pic. I am fully booked tomorrow, plus I don't have a clue what I'd use to get it back to the first pic Any suggestions ladies? Also what to do over fitting her in would you try and move other clients or not?

She says she feels her hair looks dark brown after today with a hint of copper

Just wanted to pop in and say the second colour is beautiful. The first one looks a bit washed out so can see where you were going trying to add a bit of depth and it worked! Have you shown her the two pictures together side by side so she can see how much better the second one looks?

Thanks for replying Donna! She's calmed down now lol, the lighting in her house is terrible and she also had rollers in. I sent her the both pictures and she realised it was more or less the same just more depth and richer. Crisis averted! I have come back from hairdressing after a few years out, I did a few refresher courses but it really knocks my confidence when I feel like something has gone wrong or the client isn't happy X

Thanks for replying Donna! She's calmed down now lol, the lighting in her house is terrible and she also had rollers in. I sent her the both pictures and she realised it was more or less the same just more depth and richer. Crisis averted! I have come back from hairdressing after a few years out, I did a few refresher courses but it really knocks my confidence when I feel like something has gone wrong or the client isn't happy X
I know what you mean. It makes you feel like you want to just give in. But after seeing the two pictures anyone can see the second is better and glad she can see now too x

Second picture is beautiful ! I want my hair that colour

I know what you mean. It makes you feel like you want to just give in. But after seeing the two pictures anyone can see the second is better and glad she can see now too x
Beautiful hair colour!

As a redhead myself, and knowing how difficult it is to find a colourist who can do coppers/reds well, I think the second colour is absolutely stunning! Well done!

I agree with the others! stunning colour! sometimes we can't please everybody but its absolutely beautiful!! think she was just being fussy lol glad she liked it in the end, its so disheartening when your made to feel like you haven't done your job correctly and it makes you want to give up! your lucky your client realised how lovely it turned out in the end though! :)

This is why taking pictures of your work regularly really helps! Such an advocate for this... gorgeous work BTW! x

Latest posts

Back