Client not happy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
I have a client who normaly gets warm blonde balayage highlights. I did her hair yesturday and she wanted a change. She wanted the blonde to the root and a more ashy, less brassy blonde.
I did a full head of bleach highlights, weaving them very fine and on an angle so they wernt stripey then used 8.1+9.1 swimming through the ends of the test of the hair. We finished with a mood 901 silver toner. I thought it went nice and she left happy (well I thought she was)
She has just messaged me today saying she loves the colour but the highlights are stripy and she preferred it not to the root. They don't look stripey at all as I weaved them very fine and on an angle but I have told her to come in next week and I will sort it.
I am thinking of applieng a root stretch that matches her natural colour. Would you say this is the best thing to do? And would you charge?
I'll try to upload pics, I don't have a pic if the top of her hair, wish I took one now!

I have a client who normaly gets warm blonde balayage highlights. I did her hair yesturday and she wanted a change. She wanted the blonde to the root and a more ashy, less brassy blonde.
I did a full head of bleach highlights, weaving them very fine and on an angle so they wernt stripey then used 8.1+9.1 swimming through the ends of the test of the hair. We finished with a mood 901 silver toner. I thought it went nice and she left happy (well I thought she was)
She has just messaged me today saying she loves the colour but the highlights are stripy and she preferred it not to the root. They don't look stripey at all as I weaved them very fine and on an angle but I have told her to come in next week and I will sort it.
I am thinking of applieng a root stretch that matches her natural colour. Would you say this is the best thing to do? And would you charge?
I'll try to upload pics, I don't have a pic if the top of her hair, wish I took one now!
If you genuinely believe you achieved what she asked for, for that appointment, then I would charge again for the root blend, becasue you haven't done anything wrong, she's just changed her mind. If you feel it's stripey and could look better then it's your responsibility to put it right. But just because she prefers the root blend, doesn't warrant you changing the colour free of charge!

Totally agree with @ronray. If you did the hair as the client requested but now she decides that she doesn’t suit full highlights, then you charge her as normal for her next appointment.

Why should you lose out on money you’ve earned just because she doesn’t know what suits her? Also, some clients love a new look but then their mum/boyfriend/whoever, doesn’t like them looking different so tells them it’s awful/doesn’t suit them etc.

They need to change their mum/boyfriend, not their hairdresser! ;)

Totally agree with @ronray. If you did the hair as the client requested but now she decides that she doesn’t suit full highlights, then you charge her as normal for her next appointment.

Why should you lose out on money you’ve earned just because she doesn’t know what suits her? Also, some clients love a new look but then their mum/boyfriend/whoever, doesn’t like them looking different so tells them it’s awful/doesn’t suit them etc.

They need to change their mum/boyfriend, not their hairdresser! ;)

I think this is what happened. She left happy but lives with her 2 sisters who are also my clients. They always get balayage and are always saying how much they love the root look and wouldn't get highlights. I think they have said something to her. I'm probaly going to do it for free because I also do their other sister and their sister in law. I dont want to loose 5 clients over this!

I think this is what happened. She left happy but lives with her 2 sisters who are also my clients. They always get balayage and are always saying how much they love the root look and wouldn't get highlights. I think they have said something to her. I'm probaly going to do it for free because I also do their other sister and their sister in law. I dont want to loose 5 clients over this!
I'd think twice about doing it for free. If you haven't done anything wrong, why should you lose out? You might end up with 5 clients who expect freebies every time they change their mind on a whim. When she comes back, ask her what you've done differently to what was discussed. If you haven't, and you're happy with the work, charge her. If it makes you feel better, offer a SMALL discount. I always ask my clients to provide a pic of the effect they want to change to, just in case they try to back track afterwards, works a treat.

I'd think twice about doing it for free. If you haven't done anything wrong, why should you lose out? You might end up with 5 clients who expect freebies every time they change their mind on a whim. When she comes back, ask her what you've done differently to what was discussed. If you haven't, and you're happy with the work, charge her. If it makes you feel better, offer a SMALL discount. I always ask my clients to provide a pic of the effect they want to change to, just in case they try to back track afterwards, works a treat.
Totally agree, I have had this before so I always say. Would you go into Topshop and say " I bought a different pair of jeans to what I usually buy and Ive worn them for a few weeks but they just don't suit me, can I have my money back"

No c

I would charge her if she has changed her mind x we can’t work for free

Latest posts

Back