Client stalking me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenD

Reaction score
Hi All,
Feeling a bit down today. I'm a mobile therapist and for the last few months I've been getting nuisance phone calls from a female asking for services I don't perform (if you get my drift). I found out from the police today that it's one of my regular clients. I'm totally shocked as we got on really well it just goes to show that people aren't always as they seem. I suffer from anxiety too and am now dreading seeing both my current clients and new ones. Has anybody else had anything like this happen? Am quite upset and totally doubting myself now.

Just act completely normal with all your clients lovely, it's awful I really feel for you! Could you maybe try not to take any more booking from her? Block the number? How regular a client is she? Chin up lovely! Xx

She was every couple of weeks and all the while whilst making the calls she had seemed completely normal. I'm obviously not going to have her as a client ever again because she's clearly crazy but her Mum and her friend were also clients so feel v. Awkward. I'm hoping some of my lovely clients tomorrow will restore my faith in people.

Aww! Your right though, don't bother with her anymore! You certainly don't need clients like that! Maybe if you cancel on her a couple of times she'll take the hint & won't book again! Keep on going though lovely, your worth more than that. I know it's hard to but please keep your chin up & try not to let it get to you, if it's calls your bothered about, put a post on your Facebook page saying your speaker has broken on your phone and you can't hear anyone on it so please only text or Facebook message? Xx

Poor you this is crazy behaviour?? Surely she wouldn't have the front to book in more treatments with you now she knows you know she's behind these calls? What a nutter! I'm sure you have lovely clients she's just an isolated case fortunately.

I'd be making it known to her that the police have traced the calls etc to her and that she is not to contact you again for appts or otherwise or else you will refer the matter to your solicitor. Or send her a solicitors letter warning stating same. No need to mention to her other family yet. They probably don't even know.

The police have been to see her and given her a warning but worryingly I received another call after they'd been so they are investigating that now. Thanks for the support guys I appreciate it.

The police have been to see her and given her a warning but worryingly I received another call after they'd been so they are investigating that now. Thanks for the support guys I appreciate it.
OMG! That's really awful. Did the police say why these types of calls are made? It sounds like she might have real problems if she's persevering after knowing the police are involved and you're aware it's her.
Can you just not answer calls for now? X

It's so weird that even after the police have been to see her she's still doing it! & she knows that you know it's her!!!!!......all very bizarre!!!! What is she even saying? Can you think of something that may of triggered this? She is obviously VERY UNHINGED INDIVIDUAL !!!!

My old boss always told me never get too close to a client cause they can turn on you at the click of your fingers wise woman she was. Its so true though id say that girl was incredibly envious of you for her to stoop to prank calls what age was she? Normally females that are jealous behave insane just like your client. Id have a word with her if i were you. Or get a restraining order against her you never know she could show up at your house or follow you.

Are her mum and her friend still coming to you? x

you really need to protect yourself. I don't mean just physically and emotionally but I mean should legal action need to be taken.

Just imagine if you had to stand up in court and say.

'Even after the police told me it was her I still booked her mum /friend in for treatment'

Take a step back...view it logically. Don't book her or family in again.

yes it will be a blow to your confdence..it would knock mine... and I've been working 20 years!!

Just enjoy the treatments you have with your other lovely clients and the memories will soon fade.

No need to mention to her other family yet. They probably don't even know.

Hi All,
Feeling a bit down today. I'm a mobile therapist and for the last few months I've been getting nuisance phone calls from a female asking for services I don't perform (if you get my drift). I found out from the police today that it's one of my regular clients. I'm totally shocked as we got on really well it just goes to show that people aren't always as they seem. I suffer from anxiety too and am now dreading seeing both my current clients and new ones. Has anybody else had anything like this happen? Am quite upset and totally doubting myself now.

Aw lovely that's horrible! I hope your OK?
Right so she called even after the police warned her? Wow...... She is worrying me if I'm honest! But you have done the right thing!

You need to make her aware you know and also tell her family! She may have issues....... Or may have done it before!
.... Please please do not do her mums/sisters/friends treatments. If you do you are wayyyyy to close for comfort and you don't know how she may perceive this!

And please don't worry about new clients there are a few things you can do to protect yourself. Make sure if you are mobile you send your mum/partner/best mate a list of all the addresses with appointment times that day!
Always check the telephone number by texting /calling the number you were given.
Ask how they found out about you.
If you get a bad feeling about someone DO NOT GO!
99.99% of the time clients /people are normal but then the one person can really creep is out!

You can nip it I'm the bud though just think logically x

Oh no this is awful lovely - my first thought when reading was how about taking a small deposit for all new clients to confirm bookings? Maybe advertise it on your social media which she may follow. . . Might stop the calls? Any future calls you then receive that you're suspicious of you could request a small deposit via PayPal or bank transfer - which she obviously won't want to send in her name ?! Xx

I have had a few incidents with strange/scary clients behaviour but nothing as bad as this. I have just seen there is a new law passed today about restraining orders being made easy to get on stalkers, I think they said it can be with out a court case.Mabye contact the police again and say you heard there is a new rule and you want one put on the her, then she won't be allowed to contact you at all xxx

Latest posts

Back