Client wanting full refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you damage her hair beyond repair? Burn her scalp or draw blood? Ruin her clothes or furniture with hair colour? Or cut a huge chunk leaving a huge bald patch in the middle of her hair?

If no to all the above, she has no grounds at all to sue you.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

no I didn't do any of those things thankyou for
commenting

If you have pictures of the hair why don't you post them for hair geeks to understand whether the client has a legitimate reason to complain? Think it's a bit unfair to assume that the client is a "chancer" when there's no proof that there's nothing wrong with the finished result.

I never said she was a chancer at all but when I said no to a refund she startin sayin bout insurance etc to try to get me to refund the money I offered to go bk free of charge I was more then reasonable but everythin I suggested she wanted the opposite so I think no matter what I do she wont be happy

I'm not a hair geek but feel the need to point something out.

Liane26 you KNOW that no matter what you do this client will not be happy and that you've done nothing wrong yet your prepared to refund her (be this a part or full refund).

YOU are allowing this client to get what she wants, DO NOT REFUND her anything as this is an admission of guilt and will not look good for you when she tells everyone what she's done.

You are advertising that you will refund any troublemakers and this will attract many more clients who will treat you in the same manner and you will also make it look like your in the wrong somehow - people will say why would you refund her if there was nothing wrong with your work? (therefore saying your work is not up to standard & you obviously did something wrong).

And PLEASE will you stop using text speak, there are many people from all over the world on this site and for many of them English is not their first language, you make it hard for them to read and understand your posts and this limits who will respond to you and give you advice. :wink2:

I'm not a hair geek but feel the need to point something out.

Liane26 you KNOW that no matter what you do this client will not be happy and that you've done nothing wrong yet your prepared to refund her (be this a part or full refund).

YOU are allowing this client to get what she wants, DO NOT REFUND her anything as this is an admission of guilt and will not look good for you when she tells everyone what she's done.

You are advertising that you will refund any troublemakers and this will attract many more clients who will treat you in the same manner and you will also make it look like your in the wrong somehow - people will say why would you refund her if there was nothing wrong with your work? (therefore saying your work is not up to standard & you obviously did something wrong).

And PLEASE will you stop using text speak, there are many people from all over the world on this site and for many of them English is not their first language, you make it hard for them to read and understand your posts and this limits who will respond to you and give you advice. :wink2:

thankyou for your advice sorry if I offended with text speak, I am only refunding for colour due to the fact that after all this I dont feel comfortable going back into her home to do it so I think if I just refund her the colour I cant say I haven't been fair I dont want to refund as I don't think I did anything wrong I provided the service she asked for but after that night and how she treated me I really feel uncomfortable going back. I understand what you are saying but I haven't taken the decision lightly in refunding I have spoken to her since and no matter what I say she wants the opposite

OK let me put it another way:
Did the colour not look good - you said it did, you said she was happy when you left - so WHY are you refunding the colour?

If the colour & cut were fine UNTIL she started being awkward and wanted it fixed, then saying she couldn't do any of the times you offered & then pushed for a refund WHY are you now going to refund anything?

It was fine when you left, you've offered to return & fix any issues and she has refused - therefore job done, walk away knowing you did nothing wrong and the client isn't going to be happy whatever you do - mark her as a troublemaker and refuse any further appointment requests & ignore any contact from her.

You don't have to refund her to make her go away, tell her that you did what she asked for., she was happy when you left, you offered to fix an issues she had and she's refused therefore there is nothing more you can do and then sack her as a client. You don't have to refund her anything.

thankyou for your advice sorry if I offended with text speak, I am only refunding for colour due to the fact that after all this I dont feel comfortable going back into her home to do it so I think if I just refund her the colour I cant say I haven't been fair I dont want to refund as I don't think I did anything wrong I provided the service she asked for but after that night and how she treated me I really feel uncomfortable going back. I understand what you are saying but I haven't taken the decision lightly in refunding I have spoken to her since and no matter what I say she wants the opposite

I can understand your discomfort about going back, I was a mobile hairdresser for a few years before having kids and going on to beauty, it's daunting when a client complains. I had one who wasn't happy with her colour as it wasn't red enough, I offered to rectify free of charge and she declined saying she didn't want me out of pocket. She didn't ask for a refund and I didn't offer. The outcome was what we agreed on and she said she liked it til a few washes later. I ended up rather confused and doubting myself. Needless to say that client didn't return which was a shame as she had been a regular and recommended me to everyone, she knew that red can easily fade too as I had been topping it up for months on end, going back to an unhappy client is hard but if they refuse or don't agree to an appointment u can't do it. If you have done what you thought was best and handled it professionally then put it down as an experience and keep doing what you do. The joys of working with people eh? X

OK let me put it another way:
Did the colour not look good - you said it did, you said she was happy when you left - so WHY are you refunding the colour?

If the colour & cut were fine UNTIL she started being awkward and wanted it fixed, then saying she couldn't do any of the times you offered & then pushed for a refund WHY are you now going to refund anything?

It was fine when you left, you've offered to return & fix any issues and she has refused - therefore job done, walk away knowing you did nothing wrong and the client isn't going to be happy whatever you do - mark her as a troublemaker and refuse any further appointment requests & ignore any contact from her.

You don't have to refund her to make her go away, tell her that you did what she asked for., she was happy when you left, you offered to fix an issues she had and she's refused therefore there is nothing more you can do and then sack her as a client. You don't have to refund her anything.

because she had asked me to go back but after she has said all the stuff about insurance and I don't feel comfortable going back to do her hair now so atleast if I give her the money for colour then I've met her halfway as I don't want to go
anywhere where I don't feel 100% comfortable

You DON'T have to go back. SACK her.

She is making you feel uncomfortable when you did nothing wrong, so stop allowing her to walk over you.

You tell her that she is not getting a refund, you have offered to fix it and she refused (now the offer to fix is no longer available) this means there is nothing more you can do and so you bid her well in finding a new hairdresser who can give her what she wants.

You don't need to refund her as that is admitting guilt & that means you did something wrong. Do you realise that your insurance company would not be happy with you giving her a refund?

She has had the service she paid for and has refused the chance to fix it - this means she is a lost cause and she needs to move on and find someone else that fits with her better. It DOESN'T mean that you have to give her a refund.

I can understand your discomfort about going back, I was a mobile hairdresser for a few years before having kids and going on to beauty, it's daunting when a client complains. I had one who wasn't happy with her colour as it wasn't red enough, I offered to rectify free of charge and she declined saying she didn't want me out of pocket. She didn't ask for a refund and I didn't offer. The outcome was what we agreed on and she said she liked it til a few washes later. I ended up rather confused and doubting myself. Needless to say that client didn't return which was a shame as she had been a regular and recommended me to everyone, she knew that red can easily fade too as I had been topping it up for months on end, going back to an unhappy client is hard but if they refuse or don't agree to an appointment u can't do it. If you have done what you thought was best and handled it professionally then put it down as an experience and keep doing what you do. The joys of working with people eh? X

hey thanks for advice its confusing as we did agree for me to go back but then hours later she then complained about the cut and insisted I went bk the next day even though I had already said I cant do until the afternoon but she wanted morning which I couldn't do then insisted on refund when I couldnt do when she insisted and then when I said no asked if I had insurance so after all this and the stress it caused I really dont want to go somewhere I dont feel comfortable I know I may sound sad and stupid if she is now asking me to go and rectify the problem after all this but after them messages I cant help but think that ill do it and she will complain and while I'm there try and get a full refund even though i would be doing it for free, so I would rather not put my self in that situation in the first place I would rather be reasonable and give her something rather then nothing. X

You DON'T have to go back. SACK her.

She is making you feel uncomfortable when you did nothing wrong, so stop allowing her to walk over you.

You tell her that she is not getting a refund, you have offered to fix it and she refused (now the offer to fix is no longer available) this means there is nothing more you can do and so you bid her well in finding a new hairdresser who can give her what she wants.

You don't need to refund her as that is admitting guilt & that means you did something wrong. Do you realise that your insurance company would not be happy with you giving her a refund?

She has had the service she paid for and has refused the chance to fix it - this means she is a lost cause and she needs to move on and find someone else that fits with her better. It DOESN'T mean that you have to give her a refund.

ok thankyou for advice I didn't know I could do that and refuse to go back if I didn't refund her, I haven't refunded as of yet as I said she got till end of today if she wants a refund otherwise the offer no longer stands, no I wasn't aware that if I give refund the insurance company wouldnt be happy

Ok some basics for you:

1) Your the boss in your business and what you say goes - therfore if you say no refund then there is no refund.

2) Giving a refund of any kind is admission of guilt - this means you admit you did something wrong & therefor your insurance company would not be happy (they would say you should NEVER admit you did something wrong and should always let the insurance company deal with people like this). If you feel you really want to give money back to a client you must state it is a 'good will gesture' but this can still be seen as an admission of guilt and personally I stay away from refunds totally & try to ensure that any issues are fixed within a reasonable time & if the client is awkward about that then they lose the right to the fix (people can only do so much when a client is being awkward).

3) You can say no to or sack any client you feel you don't want to treat - you can refuse to take a booking from anyone & you don't need to give them a reason either, just say no when they ask for an appointment.

Baggybear, is 100% right!
Sack her, before you get a string of clients who want a free colour and cut.

Don't answer anymore of her calls, ignore and move on.

If she insists on pestering you, tell her your solicitor has all tne details and they will be in contact and for her to deal with them....you'll probably never hear from her again.

Ok some basics for you:

1) Your the boss in your business and what you say goes - therfore if you say no refund then there is no refund.

2) Giving a refund of any kind is admission of guilt - this means you admit you did something wrong & therefor your insurance company would not be happy (they would say you should NEVER admit you did something wrong and should always let the insurance company deal with people like this). If you feel you really want to give money back to a client you must state it is a 'good will gesture' but this can still be seen as an admission of guilt and personally I stay away from refunds totally & try to ensure that any issues are fixed within a reasonable time & if the client is awkward about that then they lose the right to the fix (people can only do so much when a client is being awkward).

3) You can say no to or sack any client you feel you don't want to treat - you can refuse to take a booking from anyone & you don't need to give them a reason either, just say no when they ask for an appointment.

ok thankyou very much for your help I did state when I said I would refund that its not because I feel I did something wrong it was out of good nature as she was not happy so I did make it very clear that was the case

Baggybear, is 100% right!
Sack her, before you get a string of clients who want a free colour and cut.

Don't answer anymore of her calls, ignore and move on.

If she insists on pestering you, tell her your solicitor has all tne details and they will be in contact and for her to deal with them....you'll probably never hear from her again.

thanks for the advice

some very good advice on here. You have done nothing wrong, Do not refund as like someone else said thats admitting guilt. You have tried to sort it out and nothing could be arranged. Youve tried your best.

Move onto next client, you dont want clients like this as she agreed it was okay when she left. I understand that when i get my highlights that the roots most likely be brighter than the ends as my hair is long and i have colour build up. But its never even bad.

please do the right thing, stand your ground, no refund. I highly doubt she will go to insurance, if she does she hasnt got a leg to stand on really. You havent hurt her, youve tried to sort it etc etc.

What Baggy Bear said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some very good advice on here. You have done nothing wrong, Do not refund as like someone else said thats admitting guilt. You have tried to sort it out and nothing could be arranged. Youve tried your best.

Move onto next client, you dont want clients like this as she agreed it was okay when she left. I understand that when i get my highlights that the roots most likely be brighter than the ends as my hair is long and i have colour build up. But its never even bad.

please do the right thing, stand your ground, no refund. I highly doubt she will go to insurance, if she does she hasnt got a leg to stand on really. You havent hurt her, youve tried to sort it etc etc.

thankyou for advice

Latest posts

Back