Client wants grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiya, in need of some advice on using grey hair dye. My client has grey roots growing through and wants to go grey all over. Her midlengths and ends are a blonde colour, about level 9, what would you suggest using to tone the ends to a more grey colour using wella? Would using the special mix 0/11 give the right tone on the ends?
Have attached photo of the clients hair, thanks in advance for any help on this!
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407098236682.jpg
    1407098236682.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 659
Bleach the coloured hair to a pale yellow & cover with affinage 9.117
I've had a client wanting the same & this was perfect x

HairBy Amanda

Thanks Amanda, that colour looks perfect, where do you buy it from? Is it something I will need to order online, sure it's not sold in capital?!

Professional choice, alan howard both sell affinage online. 9.117 is great.

I have done the same as Amanda and it has worked well x

Alan Howard's are stopping stocking the gothic range, after finding the perfect colour for my client & I go in to get it & they tell me that, I wasn't impressed! X

HairBy Amanda

Thanks Amanda, that colour looks perfect, where do you buy it from? Is it something I will need to order online, sure it's not sold in capital?!

Can you put a picture up when your done so we can see the result please :)

Hey all, had the client today but had a total nightmare getting hold of the affinage colour so ended up using wella special mix 0/81 mixed with wella 10/8 which gave a good result, although hair needs to be a level 12 in order to get a good coverage. Will attach a photo of before and after but doesn't show the colour very well. Would say using the special mix 0/81 on its own on pre lightened hair would give a much better result.

Plush Hair

Attachments

• 1407434635106.jpg
    1407434635106.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 413
  • 1407434649714.jpg
    1407434649714.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 419
what my friend does to mine is bleach all over then use wella 11/12 with 6% developer and it works perfect only put wella on for a few minutes ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407434806.070079.jpg

I've just done something similar on a client wanting silver, I bleached and used wella ct 7/89, beautiful x

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know that's what I buy from Salon services (sallys) it's a wella koleston perfect special blonde 11/12 I couldn't tell you any different :(

sorrrry!! 12/11 not 11/12!!

I really think you should stop commenting when your not a qualified hairdresser!

I was offering advice from what I know surely that's what this site is for just because I wrote some numbers the wrong way you'd like to assume in not qualified? don't bite my head of

I was offering advice from what I know surely that's what this site is for just because I wrote some numbers the wrong way you'd like to assume in not qualified? don't bite my head of

Iv commented on your "ROOTS" post! That's the reason I think your not a qualified hairdresser!...along with a few other topics you have commented on on your profile just my opinion don't really care if anyone thinks anything different you wouldn't be the first to blag it on here! I just wish you would stop commented On the hair threads I think you should just concentrate on beauty section what your qualified in because your beauty topics make a lot more sense to me than your hairdressing and I'm not even a beautician!

Beckstar.. playground bully.
Why follow folks posts and talk down to them like crap ? Wheres admin

Beckstar.. playground bully.
Why follow folks posts and talk down to them like crap ? Wheres admin

thanks! glad someone's with me think I might just leave this site as she's commenting on all my posts slagging me off

No lv stay theres some lovley people on here dont let one person get you down.. Wave And Smile ☺ X

nt from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Beckstar actually gives those of us who have trained long and hard to be accomplished colourisists fantastic advice. People who have taken a twelve week course to make up 'enrichment' hours at college don't qualify as colourists in my book. This girl clearly dosen't know anything about colour and the rules clearly state that pro's don't advise non-pro's advice on using potentially dangerous chemicals. I paint my nails once in a blue moon for a night out, I'm not asking the beauty geeks to give me a step by step on using a gel lamp. Same principal applies.

Latest posts

Back