Client wants refund, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxybear

Reaction score
I don't a client Sunday and she tried dip dying her extensions herself and it didn't go the colour she wanted, she then went to two different salons and they both said the hair is not 100% human hair as the colour won't take, she has asked for a refund but I told her I am happy to remove the extensions for free but as she has dyed them them the supplier won't accept the hair back for a refund but happy to give her the supplier details, I'm worried and it's knocked my confidence a lot as I spent alot of time doing her extensions so don't want to give a refund as it was my time. What should I do help

She wants a refund because she ruined her extensions that you put in? I dont think so!

<3 Stephanie <3

Where is the hair from? Just because it won't take colour, doesn't mean it's not human hair.

There's nothing she can do. She coloured the extensions and ruined them! I wouldn't even offer to remove them for free! X

So what exactly have you done wrong here?? The answer is nothing! It's her fault for playing around with them without the right knowledge! Unless you told her the extensions were 100% human hair and they're not then you haven't done anything wrong so the blame lies with her! X

I use euphoria hair supplies, who from what I know is a extension technician herself and uses the hair on her clients all the time with no problems, I did tell her trying to go from dark to light with extensions can be hard and she tried herself without going to a salon, it's really made me feel sick and knocked my confidence . From what I understand I was taught if it's not 100% human hair the hair would frazzle etc so how two salons could say it's not 100% human without doing tests I don't jo

I state on my website if there is a issue with the hair a refund will be given in the first week but she's trying to play on that because it won't colour the way she want it she saying there is a issue

I state on my website if there is a issue with the hair a refund will be given in the first week but she's trying to play on that because it won't colour the way she want it she saying there is a issue

You need to state in your consult that the hair shouldn't be lightened in colour as this could damage the hair.

You owe her the grand total of £0.00.

Did you tell her she could colour them?

She's coloured them not you, so she should be out of pocket. I wouldn't even remove for free

You owe her the grand total of £0.00.

Did you tell her she could colour them?

She's coloured them not you, so she should be out of pocket. I wouldn't even remove for free

If she's said she can colour them though and it's not stated in the consultation and it's still within the week?? Hope you don't have to refund though

Non of my clients have had any problems with dying them I did tell her she could have blonde ones in and reverse dip dye the blonde to brown but she didn't want blonde tips, the hair is colouring but it's goes a very ashy grey colour not the blonde she wants and she dyed them herself and she's not a hair dresser, I have explained as well the refund will only be issued once the hair has been tested and proved to be a problem but as they are dyed the supplier won't accept them

Non of my clients have had any problems with dying them I did tell her she could have blonde ones in and reverse dip dye the blonde to brown but she didn't want blonde tips, the hair is colouring but it's goes a very ashy grey colour not the blonde she wants and she dyed them herself and she's not a hair dresser, I have explained as well the refund will only be issued once the hair has been tested and proved to be a problem but as they are dyed the supplier won't accept them

Your in no position to refund then

This is not your fault chicky so don't do anything. I always tell my customers not to try and lighten them. Ive had a few customers dye them darker. I wouldn't offer anything. If she wanted dip dye she should have asked for them. silly woman

In future tell clients not to colour them.

So she actually wants the refund not because they're damaged but because it's not gone to the blonde she want!

2 words one begins with F and the other is OFF!

My consultation form states that the client colours the extensions at her own risk. Perhaps you could look at adding something like this?

In terms of whats going on now, colouring hair extensions is always tricky because you dont know the original colour, what process its gone through etc.

She messed with them, its her responsibility - its a bit like buying a dress and dying it, then complaining its not come out right, they wouldnt take it back/refund, neither should you.

My consultation form states that the client colours the extensions at her own risk. Perhaps you could look at adding something like this?

In terms of whats going on now, colouring hair extensions is always tricky because you dont know the original colour, what process its gone through etc.

She messed with them, its her responsibility - its a bit like buying a dress and dying it, then complaining its not come out right, they wouldnt take it back/refund, neither should you.

I may put on my website colour at own risk, she treated to take me down the legal route so I told her to,

Would you be able to send me your consultation for if that's not been cheeky so I can update mine, thank you :)

Latest posts

Back