Clients acrylics come off but my own stay on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda-43

Reaction score
Hello ladies..
i am new here and to doing nails professionally via mobile but have done my own acrylics for years.
I have problems with acrylic staying on other people although the prep and application are the same. I use CND cuticle away and scrape the whole nail plate to remove any skin, clean and apply primer all after removing shine off. Gel polish stay on fine, i use tips not sculpting. Any advise would help as i an feeling like a fraud offering services i can't do properly. :(

Are you deactivating the Cuticle Away with water? And after removing shine cleaning and dehydrating with Scrubfresh?

Are you deactivating the Cuticle Away with water? And after removing shine cleaning and dehydrating with Scrubfresh?
Hi
Thanks for the reply
I use scrubfresh after cuticles away. Then after removing shine i usually clean with alcohol. Not sure what more to try. ;/

Hi
Thanks for the reply
I use scrubfresh after cuticles away. Then after removing shine i usually clean with alcohol. Not sure what more to try. ;/

You need to deactivate Cuticle Away with soap and water not Scrubfresh. Scrubfresh is used after removing the shine not alcohol.

You need to deactivate Cuticle Away with soap and water not Scrubfresh. Scrubfresh is used after removing the shine not alcohol.
Ahh many thanks. Will remember these steps!

If you're using CND products have you done their conversion course? If not you ought to consider it as you will then learn about the products you're using and how to use them correctly.

Hi, I am having the same problem but I do the cuticles dry followed by nail dehydrator and primer prior to application and I am still getting people saying they ping off after about a week (using Harmony products mainly). I prefer sculpted nails but have used tips as well and I have been working on a good finish at the cuticle line, avoiding skin...not sure where I am going wrong :-(
Would I be better off trying hard gel, gel or nexgen, any ideas please?

I use Nexgen and Nsi acrylic i have found that both products act the same and its all down to prep my clients get 4 weeks out of both and i swear by nsi cuticle remover as its the best one i have found. Nexgen is a fab product and with practice it can be applied well and the apex built up its probably my most popular system. And i dont use any electric files like some other posts have suggested nexgen needs it doesnt [emoji4] xx

Scrubfresh does not deactivate cuticle away. The conversion course would cover this.. Look on sweetsquared for your local training academy

I use Nexgen and Nsi acrylic i have found that both products act the same and its all down to prep my clients get 4 weeks out of both and i swear by nsi cuticle remover as its the best one i have found. Nexgen is a fab product and with practice it can be applied well and the apex built up its probably my most popular system. And i dont use any electric files like some other posts have suggested nexgen needs it doesnt [emoji4] xx
It's best to use the full system as if there's a breakdown in service it is difficult to identify and you may not be insured

Ciderella71 i do use the correct system i never mix my systems at all sorry if i didnt make the clear on my original post i just offer 2 types x

Hi, I am having the same problem but I do the cuticles dry followed by nail dehydrator and primer prior to application and I am still getting people saying they ping off after about a week (using Harmony products mainly). I prefer sculpted nails but have used tips as well and I have been working on a good finish at the cuticle line, avoiding skin...not sure where I am going wrong :-(
Would I be better off trying hard gel, gel or nexgen, any ideas please?
It could be an apex problem or your acrylic ratio, can you take pics from side, front and barrel so we can have a better look x

Latest posts

Back