Clients arriving with glued or stick on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trops

Reaction score
Hi all, what do you do if a client arrives with glued stick on nails and expects you to take them off and start a nail treatment after?

Someone arrived with stick on nails attached and expected me to take them off for her but they were very very stuck! I didn't want to touch them as I assume acetone would melt the plastic and prizing them off would cause considerable damage to the nail plate. What would you do as this did not come up in my training. Any help or opinions on this would be appreciated as I would like to know what to do next time.

First lesson is that when taking any booking ask questions! That way you would know what they are coming in with.

You can take them off by soaking in acetone but it does take a while and a lot of patience. With forewarning you could have advised her how long it would take, book in other appointments around her and then steered her away from the dark side of stick on nails and sent her away a convert!

To remove press ons without causing any damage you have to melt them off using acetone. If it were me I'd have happily done it if I had the time, but I'd have charged my removal price which is a tenner. Do you have a removal price on your pricelist? When clients can see you charge for it they will usually tell you they need to book in for a removal too as they can see you have it listed as a separate service. On my pricelist it says removals are £10 or free with another service if it has originally been applied by me, I don't enhance btw which is why I don't charge for removing my own work as it's only gel polish. I have said to people before that if I can get it all off in under 20 mins/half an hour I don't mind dropping the charge to £5, you just never know what's actually been used. xx

First lesson is that when taking any booking ask questions! That way you would know what they are coming in with.

You can take them off by soaking in acetone but it does take a while and a lot of patience. With forewarning you could have advised her how long it would take, book in other appointments around her and then steered her away from the dark side of stick on nails and sent her away a convert!

Thanks for your reply. Yeh she was aware that she had to arrive without anything in her nails but still decided to apply them lol great!!! So acetone is the way. It's only been one person who has arrived out if loads of people so hopefully won't have to deal with this much as half an hour is quite a long time!!

Latest posts

Back