Clients claiming to get 4-5 weeks wear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
So I always find it awkward when you go to a new client and they tell you how much they love Shellac (which is great) and how they get 4-5 weeks wear!!!
Now dont get me wrong I have clients who come to me every 3 weeks and the Shellac is still good except for wear along the free edge, but really do people actually get 5 weeks out of Shellac? What do you say to these clients who's expectation is so high? Obv I don't know what they have had product wise, could have been something else and not CND Shellac, but is there a gel out there that would actually last that long? x

I am sure there is a post on the huge mega mix thread with a set looking perfect, other than regrowth, after 4 weeks!

Let's be honest though, some people have very different ideas of what wear time actually means. It would never look perfect after so long to me, simply because the regrowth would be so unattractive! Some people consider minor wear and chips as lasting perfectly. Some people consider the fact anything is still on the nail at all as lasting.

Just tell those clients that really it shouldn't be on so long as the regrowth would get unsightly and also its good to remove product at regular intervals so that you can check on the health of the nails underneath. If there's some lifting at week 3 and it is left alone and looks ok and then is left on a further 2 weeks, what would happen? Water, bacteria, etc! Plus it's a 14 day system, its not meant to stay on forever.

Sometimes you get lucky and milk still tastes fine a day or 2 after its date, but you don't get annoyed if it actually is sour the day after.

I am sure there is a post on the huge mega mix thread with a set looking perfect, other than regrowth, after 4 weeks!

Let's be honest though, some people have very different ideas of what wear time actually means. It would never look perfect after so long to me, simply because the regrowth would be so unattractive! Some people consider minor wear and chips as lasting perfectly. Some people consider the fact anything is still on the nail at all as lasting.

Just tell those clients that really it shouldn't be on so long as the regrowth would get unsightly and also its good to remove product at regular intervals so that you can check on the health of the nails underneath. If there's some lifting at week 3 and it is left alone and looks ok and then is left on a further 2 weeks, what would happen? Water, bacteria, etc! Plus it's a 14 day system, its not meant to stay on forever.

Sometimes you get lucky and milk still tastes fine a day or 2 after its date, but you don't get annoyed if it actually is sour the day after.

Thanks Carly, yes the re-growth after 4-5 weeks would annoy me personally, and you are right, I often wonder when they say they had it on for a month what it actually looked like!! A lady text me today asking me for the gel that lasts 5 weeks? I explained about shellac and its a 14 day polish and shes going to go for it, but I just wonder why you would want it on for 5 weeks also, I get bored after 14 days and want a change, why do people want it on for that long with the re-growth!!

The people I have who go this long

Are all but skint so dragging it out

Usually choose a pale colour/French

Do very little with their hands

Have old/ridged/dried out nails that cling to the shellac

I do agree clients have very different ideas about their nails actually "lasting". Its like clients telling me they get 6 weeks out of acrylics....6 weeks later when they come back for "refills" their acrylics are hanging on(just about!!) to the nails and they have to be taken off to apply a new set as they are gone way past the point of rescue!!

I have to say I had a shellac on my toes and my fingers....for my summer hoilday...my toes lasted 4 months I ended up it was nearly all grown out...but was still shiny...and it was 5 weeks on my fingers before I took it off...it was still shiny and no chips...but it was growing out that's why I took it off...so all in all it does last but it looks a bit of a bugger...because of it growing out....plus I didn't really look after it..no gloves etc....[emoji140][emoji188] x

Latest posts

Back