Client's hair being over developed most of the time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon doctor

Reaction score
ok guys here is another point for yous to chew on.

client comes in at 10 am, and after consultation you decide on full head foils , she has medium length hair.

colour starts to be applied at 10 15 and all foils are in place by about 10 50 ish

we then leave her for dev time while she reads a mag or a bible in some cases.

we then go back at about 11 30 to take her to backwash

how long has the colour been developing in her hair its about 1 hour 20 mins approx ?

her hair is now over developed and against manufacturers guidelines ie, total time 45 mins

how do we get around this ?

ps in some cases client is sitting there for 3 hours total !!!!!

I always start with a low level peroxide at the bottom and then higher as I get towards the top, so they develop all at the same time. So i make sure the underneath only develops slowly so it doesn't over process x

ok guys here is another point for yous to chew on.

client comes in at 10 am, and after consultation you decide on full head foils , she has medium length hair.

colour starts to be applied at 10 15 and all foils are in place by about 10 50 ish

we then leave her for dev time while she reads a mag or a bible in some cases.

we then go back at about 11 30 to take her to backwash

how long has the colour been developing in her hair its about 1 hour 20 mins approx ?

her hair is now over developed and against manufacturers guidelines ie, total time 45 mins

how do we get around this ?

ps in some cases client is sitting there for 3 hours total !!!!!

This is a professional forum and no professional would ever over develop hair as we could do as babychops has said or I have seen myself in a few cases rinsing the back foils off before top and sides if need be so unless your going to say there's a revolutionary new product out then please don't insult us x

What kind of full head foils do you do that only take 35 mins to apply? Lol

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to agree with the all the other geeks here. A full head of foils in 35 minutes??? Wow!! But back to the question, you haven't stated if you are using bleach, high lift etc... I tend to use a lower developer with P/L and then work up to 6/9%... But I check every ten minutes. The idea of leaving a client for that length of time without checking hair at all would feel like I wasn't taking care of them properly. No-one wants breakage or jelly hair! I always end up rinsing back and sides first and then the top section last, whether high-lift or P/L. For me, as I'm sure it is for everyone else, keeping the clients hair in the optimum condition possible is always going to be the more favourable option.

I just saw who was posting!! Salon Doctor...

i hear what your saying, some techs i know can do full head in 25 mins but most cases its about 45 ish

i have visited about 800 or so salons over at least ten years and im doing some research in to these topics

clients are now concerned about the time that colour is being developed in the hair along with things regarding sulphate , paraben issues etc etc ....and are now asking very important questions.

The guy who said that foil was being banned by the European Union. Humph

Salon doctor again... Zzzzzzzzz

Surly it's not always possible to use a lower level of peroxide when needing to lift the hair more than 3/4/5/6 shades with a tint!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

With bleach you can go to a lower peroxide. I even use 1.9% (I use wella). Obviously tiny/ highlift is a different story altogether

Yes it's possible, lower and slower will get a cleaner result. You will still be able to lift with a low peroxide x

Funny enough, it's not a problem that keeps me awake at night.
Nor is it a problem that requires a costly solution....

I there with you!

Do you have/use a revolutionary product that stops this happening?

The revolution product is meche which it seems salon doctor keeps trying to push on this forum

Salon doctor is full of 'revolutionary products' ha

I am not pushing bloomin meche !!!!!

Latest posts

Back