Clients wanting to buy colours ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra_cake

Reaction score
How do you deal with clients that ask what you use, so they can get it fron the wholesalers .
without telling them to get lost lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been asked this before. I usually say its a special mix of 2 or 3 different shades that you don't want to share..works for me x

Tell them it's against health and safety and your insurance provider wouldn't be to happy :) works for me every time x

Start using a colour line that isn't stocked by Sallys e.g. Redken, Aveda, Joico, Paul Mitchell and then let them know (when they ask) that you cannot purchase the colour you use in any wholesalers as it's made for professionals only.

;)

Just tell them u aren't at liberty to tell them.
I did give my aunt half a tube and some peroxide (she had box coloured it a few months before then switched to me so had a bottle to apply) so she could do her roots while on holiday with strict step by step instructions on what to do. Xoxo

Just be blunt and say why? I'd be out of pocket then!!

I would say that if any thing went wrong then insurance wouldn't cover anything like that . And tell them it's complicated to mix with peroxide etc x

cheecky buggers! id tell them if they wanted to know how to apply and mix tint, go to college for two years and train! I would never tell them what i was mixing, Its usually a complicated mix anyway, so i tell them its "bespoke" haha

I usually intermix colours so they would have to buy 2 or 3 tubes to get exactly the same colour as what I use on them. Cheeky sod! Lol x

It's funny when clients ask such silly things isn't it......

I know I'm going to asda later I'll ask were they get there products from so I can buy direct & cut out the middle man :eek: can you imagine it? lol x

I just tell them that the wholesalers don't sell to the public and you need a tradecard to prove you're a hairdressser :lol:
Plus the fact they won't have a clue what developer to use too :lol:

One client used to buy hers from the wholesaler and colour her hair black with 40vol :eek::eek: :Scared:

I just tell them that the wholesalers don't sell to the public and you need a tradecard to prove you're a hairdressser :lol:
Plus the fact they won't have a clue what developer to use too :lol:

One client used to buy hers from the wholesaler and colour her hair black with 40vol :eek::eek: :Scared:

Omfg is all I can think of.
And that's the reason they aren't allowed in x

Latest posts

Back