Club thumb acrylic lifting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
It's my thumb!
I get my L&P lifting on it but not my other nails at all.
It's very flat and wide.
Any ideas on what to do to stop this?
I've used both tips and sculpting. It lifts from the cuticle though either way. Useful for if u get clients with this same problem too!
I've just had to remove it. It's a little sore. Pics attached. [emoji85]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1482463168.507510.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1482463207.262319.jpg

Also where it's a little damaged can I use IBX on it before I apply my acrylic as a one off? Or will this affect adhesion? Would you do the gel polish IBX routine if you did (use the repair all over?)

Thank you!

You are always going to have trouble with a nail that shape, it is much wider than it is long, and as it grows it naturally buckles and twists in opposite directions. Its a bit like curly hair, it will ultimately do what it wants no matter what you do. All you can do is minimise the chances of problems occuring, that means keeping it super short, any free edge length will knock it off balance and it will lift from the cuticle (like a see-saw).

You could try IBX but thats a strengthening product but the nail doesn't need strengthening. Its more about ensuring perfect prep and priner and fighting physics

Latest posts

Back