CND Additives - no more?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronstar

Reaction score
So I have just seen a post on FB, about Craft Culture additive collection being CND's last additive collection? Anyone else know anything about this?

Honestly I'm kinda in shock and also a little sad, especially because CND had told me there would be additives alongside the starstruck collection. My heart is a little broken right now :(

The Starstruck collection is out over here now (UK) & as far as I know there has been no additive collection alongside it.

I cant see how an additive collection would benefit it tbh- any pigments would just dull down/cover the glitter surely?

I owned every additive brought out til the contradictions collection & was so underwhelmed I sold them on in a day! I then sold off a lot of the single pots as they were so 'samey' :(

I dont think many of them have much use over Shellac or Vinylux/ CPlay in all honesty. they are great to create coloured L&P & Brisa enhancements especially as CND dosnt have already coloured products but glitters have always been more useful to me than the pigments. The pieces in some of the latest collections have been too big to sit over gel polish properly, although they look fab encapslulated.

So, in a nutshell, I wont miss 'em lol xx

I did think it strange when CND had confirmed to me that there would be additives, but guessed you would just use it alongside enhancement services :)

I do agree as I have a number that are as you mentioned "samey"

Do you have any favorite brands for pigments/glitters? Xx

I think they would be better to bring back the coloured powders for enhancements. I had always bought additives until the pots got tiny and I just thought they weren't worth it...

I love Lecente! I have a mix of glitters, i try to stick to nail proffessional ones (ie no Matha Stewart craft glitters) but have tons from Lecente, a few from Ink London & am waiting for some from CJP.

Im not sure if you will have distributors where you are Bronstar?

I hope that if CND do stop the additives it will work in Lecentes favour. Maria & the gang are fantastic & deserve every sucess so I hope it works like that <3 xx

I love Lecente! I have a mix of glitters, i try to stick to nail proffessional ones (ie no Matha Stewart craft glitters) but have tons from Lecente, a few from Ink London & am waiting for some from CJP.

Im not sure if you will have distributors where you are Bronstar?

I hope that if CND do stop the additives it will work in Lecentes favour. Maria & the gang are fantastic & deserve every sucess so I hope it works like that <3 xx

So we can get a couple shipped to us directly from the companies it seems, Lecente, magpie and ink London which is nice.

Id love to try a number of things from CJP but they haven't started any intl shipping as yet so just keeping an eye on them for now.

I have on occasion gotten some cosmetic grade/poly glitters brought in where I can, but do have my eye on a number of things from the UK, just need to save my pennies though, exchange rates are shocking at the moment lol, and if I stop ordering so much stuff in maybe I'll have extra to spend on my latest addiction - glitters :p

I've got them all and I hardly use them if I'm being honest I do prefer using Lecente for all my dazzles how can you beat all the Lecente glitters?

I'm planning on doing a Lecente order, but as you know I'm so broke because I can't curb my nail mail addiction :oops::eek:

I've got them all and I hardly use them if I'm being honest I do prefer using Lecente for all my dazzles how can you beat all the Lecente glitters?
And you aren't the best role model either :p:p:p

Making me want to spend more money

And you aren't the best role model either :p:p:p

Making me want to spend more money

I've entered your life for a reason

Embrace it lol
Sozzz [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Tbh, ive been channelling my inner Coco AGAIN tonight!
8 new glitters & 2 lots of nail art stones ordered from Glitterarty on Ebay & 14 new Madam Glam polishes ordered!!

I think Coco is on a lot of bank managers hit lists pmsl.

Glittersrty is another good glitter supplier- this is my first glitter order with them but I do have their chrome & holo pigments ehich are nice. They may ship to you too hun xx

8 new glitters & 2 lots of nail art stones ordered from Glitterarty on Ebay & 14 new Madam Glam polishes ordered!!

Glittersrty is another good glitter supplier- this is my first glitter order with them but I do have their chrome & holo pigments ehich are nice. They may ship to you too hun xx

Just think your going to be so happy when the postman delivers hold that thought [emoji12]

Coco allure where can I buy your products?

What you get from Glitterarty? I have a couple glitters from them which I really like, actually found one or two that are really good additive dupes.

Totally agree in Coco :p

So you jumped straight out the Madam glam closet lol
I'm yet to jump out the closet and order from them, heard their top coats are pretty good especially the no wipe my one

I've entered your life for a reason

Embrace it lol
Sozzz [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]
Lol I'm totally fine with it, you know just inspiration and encouragement to "need" more things :p

It's just my bank balance that doesn't like you so much xx

I've stopped buying from several eBay or FB suppliers.
There's the hype before the order is available then the buying frenzy only to find it's just ok and there are others available on eBay etc

Last edited:
I
I've stopped buying from several eBay or FB suppliers.
There's the hype before the order is available then the buying frenzy only to find it's ok and there are others available.
I've seen that a lot lately, even with the Magpie, I honestly couldn't believe how people lost their minds, it's like a crocodile feeding frenzy.

Who are you buying from now?

Coco allure where can I buy your products?

Oh Hun I don't sell anything I just buy all the good stuff and I tell all my other geeks on here lol we've got our own thread on here 'nail mail' we are self confessed shopaholics anything with glitter sparkle glossy matte u name it we are onto it lol

What you get from Glitterarty? I have a couple glitters from them which I really like, actually found one or two that are really good additive dupes.

Totally agree in Coco :p

So you jumped straight out the Madam glam closet lol
I'm yet to jump out the closet and order from them, heard their top coats are pretty good especially the no wipe my one
We're together on this MG curious but not brave enough yet

Lol I'm totally fine with it, you know just inspiration and encouragement to "need" more things :p

It's just my bank balance that doesn't like you so much xx

My bank balance feels the same I wonder why

Latest posts

Back