CND complete

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellac newbie

Reaction score
Hiya :)

I'm after some advice really. I know a lot of people will say ring s2 and I have done but I think some of my questions are better answered by geeks :)

I'm looking to do cnd complete. I can't really afford it but I'm willing to get my very first credit card if I decide to go for it :)

I trained in mani pedi gel and acrylics a few years ago. Training was dreadful and so wS I. I gave up. Last year I brought a shellac kit from ellisons so I didn't have to pay for them at salon, long story short got lots of compliments and I do a few regulars and for occasions for some money for new colours and a few beers here and there :) it got me rhinking that I would like to retrain and offer enchantments to a very high standard, and have a real hobby (I don't have one, nails is the closest thing I have that I'm passionate about outside family and my day job). I would like to train to competition level and maybe even be an education ambassador one day *dreams* but here's the thing..... Unless I was unfortunate enough to loose my job, it would never be a full time career for me, it would always be a money making passion, because I adore my day job. I would love a salon and I can't say what would happen in the future, maybe I would have a change if heart but I can't see it happening. But then 10 years ago I didn't see myself married, home owner, baby and doing the job I do hahaha, I worked to go out on a Friday and come home on a Sunday lol.

So here's where you all come in. I've considered doing nsi courses etc but I think cnd is like hearts in my eyes and I want to be a part of it. What do yiu think
Guys? Is loving doing my own nails and a steady stream of clients, wanting to make a real hobby out of this and do competitions and maybe end up educating going I be worth my money?

A few other questions about the course....

Will I be of a chargeable standard one I've passed?
Will I be able to do close to perfect enhancements and perfectly infil?
Will I panic when someone asks for a French ;)?
What happens if I'm rubbish still?
What happens if I fail the course or day 15/16?
Is there anything apart from some glitters etc that I will need on top of the
Kit?
Can anyone give me an idea what's in the kit?
Will I be able to sculpt gel and l&p at the end?

Would it be worth me doing enhance instead?

Would I ever be able to become an educator if I didn't own a salon?

I'd there any money in competitions (expect spending it lol) o

Thanks guys and go easy on me.

Xxx

Hi there. What I can advise is why don't you rather do the courses one at a time. That way you don't put yourself into huge debt before you have even started. That way if you don't want to or can't continue with your hobby, you have not outplayed that huge amount of money. It really is a lot for someone who is not quite ready to give up their day job to become a full time nail tech. Just to answer some of your questions. It takes a while and a whole lot of practice to be ready to have paying clients after you finish your course so you won't be earning the full amount of what you could charge. CND training is the best you can get and so are their kits you get when training. I totally recommend them. Any way that would be my recommendation. Is to work your way through it slowly as to doing it all in one go. It's a lot of time and money.

Hi there. What I can advise is why don't you rather do the courses one at a time. That way you don't put yourself into huge debt before you have even started. That way if you don't want to or can't continue with your hobby, you have not outplayed that huge amount of money. It really is a lot for someone who is not quite ready to give up their day job to become a full time nail tech. Just to answer some of your questions. It takes a while and a whole lot of practice to be ready to have paying clients after you finish your course so you won't be earning the full amount of what you could charge. CND training is the best you can get and so are their kits you get when training. I totally recommend them. Any way that would be my recommendation. Is to work your way through it slowly as to doing it all in one go. It's a lot of time and money.

Thank you very much for your advice :)

Xxx

Latest posts

Back