CND Fabric/silk/fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,
I am looking for CND fabric/silk to go under shellac when a nail splits. Cant find it on the S2 website, do they still do it? If not whats a good alternative?

I use The Edge fibreglass under Shellac x

I could be wrong here but I don't think S2 do fibreglass etc

I'm interested to know what is the best way to repair a split nail? I still use silk and glue which I learnt about 16 years ago!!! Is there a better way now?

Ooooh

I dont kno whether Fibreglass or silk is better?

Do you always need a resin and activator?

I havent seen this on the s2 website?

I know they used to do their 'fabric' range. But other than that I am not sure.

I never use silk personally,too much of a cloudy finish for me, I've always used fibreglass and resin.

My way to repair a natural nail split is as follows :-
use a small stress strip over the breakage point first, resin and then activate, then cover the whole nail in fibreglass, then resin and activate, twice.
Buff out with white block
Seal edges with buffer
Continue your service, I.e. polish or shellac etc.

Fingernail fixer has a demo on you tube, sorry don't have the link to post right now.

You can also double up your fibreglass, to create small extra length for a client too if a nail breaks.
Just double up the fibreglass and cut your length past the free edge
Resin then activate on the top side as well as the underside and continue as above.

There's loads that can be done with fibreglass I love it! I trained with Backscratchers, I've tried other brands, and always go back to them, the glass finish is amazing! I'm sure other brands are too, but this is my personal preference.

Hey girls just noticed this.

First off CND don't do a fibreglass system. Years ago in the early 80's they did one called Phantom but that is long gone. Yes Designer Nails in the early 2000's did Fabric# but we no longer do it as there is simply not enough people wanting this type of system, to justify us creating 1000's of bottles of resin / activator etc.

On a lighter note, we / CND will be launching something at the Pro Beauty show end of Feb next year that should help you with fixing splits. Meanwhile if you want to use fibreglass, Backscratchers is the only one I would recommend. :Love:

Hey girls just noticed this.

First off CND don't do a fibreglass system. Years ago in the early 80's they did one called Phantom but that is long gone. Yes Designer Nails in the early 2000's did Fabric# but we no longer do it as there is simply not enough people wanting this type of system, to justify us creating 1000's of bottles of resin / activator etc.

On a lighter note, we / CND will be launching something at the Pro Beauty show end of Feb next year that should help you with fixing splits. Meanwhile if you want to use fibreglass, Backscratchers is the only one I would recommend. :Love:

Ooooh there you go teasing us again mrs geek!

Ooooh there you go teasing us again mrs geek!

Maybe I should change my from Mrs Geek to Mrs Nail-Tease :Scared::twisted:

On a lighter note, we / CND will be launching something at the Pro Beauty show end of Feb next year that should help you with fixing splits.
Such a tease!

Latest posts

Back