CND Founder Dr Stuart Nordstrom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Today is the anniversary of the passing of the Founder of Creative Nail Design Dr Stuart Nordstrom - Jim and Jan's dad (there are three other siblings Tommy, Carol and Ann).

I just wanted to take a moment to honour this great man, a dentist that saw a future in nail technology. He invented the first cross-linking non yellowing monomer liquid - SolarNail Liquid in 1979 and the rest as they say is history.

Sadly he died in 1983 and we continue with his legacy and are proud that from its humble garage beginnings, Creative Nail Design (CND) has grown into the amazing and innovative company it is today still honouring the culture that was created from the very start.

I found this quote from Jim Nordstrom (our Sweet Squared friend, mentor and partner) on the net - I thought it gave the perfect insight into his dad and the type of man he was - my only regret was that I never got to meet him!

“My father loved this industry,” says Jim. “So much so that the night before he died he was actually writing up a patent on nail tips. He believed in quality, education, commitment, and loyalty."

God Bless You Dr Nordstrom - with out you - none of us would be doing what we are doing today!!! :Love:

Some people are genius and have great vision. He must have been an amazing, intelligent, creative person. Thank you Dr. Nordstrom.

Thinking of the Nordstrom family today, what a great man he must of been....

just think where we would be today without his vision and passion...doesnt bare thinking of does it ladies?

How great it is that his family have also,shown the passion for what he created and loved. A massive thank you to him for his knowledge and expertise which have lead the way for millions of others to carry on his passion through education and practice.x

Latest posts

Back