CND help, what have I done wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshpolish

Reaction score
Hello!

Please can I ask you a question? I done this ladies nails. All Ok but on her thumb the colour is lighter (will show you a picture)

I done
Base
Colour
Colour
Colour
Topcoat

But wondering if because she had a ridge and dip on her nail she needed 4 colour coats! Is there anything I can do? I only done them this morning and want to correct them for her xx

Attachments

• IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 101
It looks like the colour has come away. What about your your prep work, are you using cuticle away, deactivating it with water and then using scrub fresh? Are you using the correct CND lamp?

It looks like the colour has come away. What about your your prep work, are you using cuticle away, deactivating it with water and then using scrub fresh? Are you using the correct CND lamp?

Yeah doing all of that! Use cuticle away then wash hands and then scrub fresh. Using CND LED lamp!
No idea why it's done it.

Others look good!

Can I do anything or restart?xx

Yeah doing all of that! Use cuticle away then wash hands and then scrub fresh. Using CND LED lamp!
No idea why it's done it.

Others look good!

Can I do anything or restart?xx

Perhaps her thumb wasn't positioned correctly in the lamp? Have you checked that the bulbs on your lamp are clean and haven't got any shellac smudged on them? I would re-do, make sure you topcoat the nail thoroughly and make sure she knows her after care, wonder if she's come into contact with any chemicals?

I wouldn't really say she needs 4 coats of colour. Give the bottle a really good shake and apply thin layers to ensure a full cure :) x

Perhaps her thumb wasn't positioned correctly in the lamp? Have you checked that the bulbs on your lamp are clean and haven't got any shellac smudged on them? I would re-do, make sure you topcoat the nail thoroughly and make sure she knows her after care, wonder if she's come into contact with any chemicals?

I wouldn't really say she needs 4 coats of colour. Give the bottle a really good shake and apply thin layers to ensure a full cure :) x

Hey!

I do the four fingers first and then the thumb so she wasn't putting her whole hands in only her thumbs! Could be why?

Hey!

I do the four fingers first and then the thumb so she wasn't putting her whole hands in only her thumbs! Could be why?

Perhaps, if it meant that her thumb wasn't positioned correctly! Why is it that you do the fingers and thumbs separately? The lamp can cure all 5 fingers at once

Perhaps, if it meant that her thumb wasn't positioned correctly! Why is it that you do the fingers and thumbs separately? The lamp can cure all 5 fingers at once

I think because I've always done it like that when I had a UV smaller lamp so that the thumb wouldn't touch the sides or get ruined xx

Hello!

Please can I ask you a question? I done this ladies nails. All Ok but on her thumb the colour is lighter (will show you a picture)

I done
Base
Colour
Colour
Colour
Topcoat

But wondering if because she had a ridge and dip on her nail she needed 4 colour coats! Is there anything I can do? I only done them this morning and want to correct them for her xx

I had something similar happen to me with testing a new colour out, all prep work is done properly, everything tips were capped colour went on lovely and my thumbs hit the lamp going in and it cured funny I also have the cnd lamp so it is possible the client didn't put her thumb in all the way or that she scraped the sides or top of the lamp going in or coming out especially if she didn't place the thumb in properly I would have soaked it off and re-done it and you would have found them what the problem was also it looked lighter on the bottom near cuticle I am wondering if you forgot to cure the base coat on all fingers on that hand I have also done this before and whilst it don't have any effect on the wear of the polish your thumb may have had too much polish on it to cure properly! we are always learning from mishaps whether they be yours or customers.

All turned out ok! The thumbs felt rough so was the angle she put them in obviously didn't cure them well! But they have been re done and all feel smooth and look good thanks all!

Latest posts

Back