CND lamp and Shellac polish reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bekkajaynebeauty

Reaction score
I have recently trained in providing gel and shellac polish manicures and would like to start up my business soon. Before I completed my course I bought a cheap lamp from Argos and OPI Gel Polish to practice with. I found that the polish was not staying on for more that a couple days which I expected. I also found the OPI polish would draw back by the time I had finished one hand and would have to re apply the polish.

I now want to buy the CND lamp and shellac polishes to use professionally on my clients but would like some advice before I waste my money!

Just want to know your reviews whether you use these for your business and how long they last on your clients? xx

CND Shellac doesn't last anywhere near as long as The Gel Bottle system. I have transitioned from Gelish to TGB and it has been a game changer for me. I use a MiraPure 36W UV/LED lamp (same as a SUN5) - it has a low heat setting which is crucial with the rubber base/top coat of TGB system xx

LED is LED in my view. Some really good lamps out there for 1/5th of the price. If there is such a thing as a 'special LED lamp' then it might not be a good investment if for some strange reason it's only good for one gel polish brand. I have used a 48W lamp (not special or with a special price tag) with shellac and never had a problem. That was with using other brand named base & top.

Is your business at home or at an actual salon?

I use shellac and I find that most clients get 3 weeks out of it but some struggle to get 10 days. If your clients have peeling nails from skin disorders then the shellac can peel with them. The lamp is really good and fast at curing(clients are always amazed) however the lead is a pain in the bum and it's really hard to use when doing toes, I'm thinking of getting the sun 5 with the detectable bottom to do toes. I am also looking at a gel brand to go over acrylics as I feel like it's wasting shellac over enhancements so I'm looking at the gel bottle or halo which I have heard really good reviews on both so I can decide. Hope this helps a little. Xx

Thank you all for your responses. I found that by using the OPI Gel Colour with the USpicy 48W LED lamp it was just not lasting even a day or two and this is the same for quite a few people I had tried it on. Just really want to get this right as I don't want to waste money or disappoint clients!

I have seen a lot of salons using CND shellac and the lamp and so thought it would be the best option but your reviews tell me different?

Can anyone recommend which brand and lamp I should use?

@tuan - I would be running my business from home.

Latest posts

Back