CND Lamp Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire F

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I had a client last night and my CND Shellac/Brisa lamp, whilst on a 2 minute cycle 'caught fire' it started flickering, sparking and then flamed before short circuiting.

Have any of you experienced this? It was quite worrying, and obviously my client was concerned about this. I am relieved that this was at home and not a my clients house.

I used an alternative lamp to finish the treatment and asked her to contact me if there any problems as I have not used the correct lamp.

Do you have a spare lamp for when something like this happens? I always have spare bulbs - but would be lost if I was at a clients home.

I have contacted Sweetsquared, and they have been most helpful, but I just wondered if this is a common fault and how one would work around it.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Claire xxx

Mine also short circuited and 2 of the bulbs were left not working.

Thankfully Creative have an academy about 25 miles away so I was able to go direct and swap my machine.

I do have another lamp, and NSI one but it's only a 9w cure so would be unable to use it anyway.

I hope this a few and far fault! As for a spare lamp gosh I couldnt afford to have one spare!! I do carry spare bulbs though. I guess if mine caught fire I would just have to remove whatever shellac I had applied and apologise to the client and wait until I could get a replacement. Lucky for me I too live not too far from an Academy. Hopefully this will never happen to me :(

I recently had the power cable connector in the machine push inwards, so I wasnt able to plug the power lead in. Again I was only 15mins from my Academy and they were brilliant, just swapped it for a new machine - I had to put my old bulbs in tho LOL

Karaxxx

Are these the new lamps or the old ones

Thanks for your replies guys.
This wasn't just the bulb I think it was the wires inside, and just wondered what you would do - or if indeed this has happened to you.
I am sure this is just a one off with the new lamp - and hope I have better luck with my replacement!!
Claire x

Latest posts

Back