CND lamp review....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
This is my totally unbiased review....
The bulbs have gotten worn out in my expensive lamp (£194.99) - I know as my glaze n go is taking 3 mins to cure, they are going black around the base yet my lamp still has not 'beeped 10 times' to tell me. (humph)
As I am not happy with the contructive quality of this expensive lamp, which I really expected more from, I decided to go and take a look in person at the CND lamp.
The CND lamp is of superior quality to my existing twice-the-price one. They both have the same DESCRIBABLE features regarding fan, timer & seperate pedicure unit, and both use bulbs around the £40 mark for a new set but the difference in them when you actually SEE them is remarkable.
Main differences are CND -
1) The outer plastic coating is very sturdy and looks quality
2) There is a carry handle, made from sturdy plastic - very useful
3) Much more compact & portable design - fits into silver comp of beauty case. Previous lamp would not.
4) The bulbs holders have 'metal/wire' pins rather than cheap plastic pins. The plastic pins snapped when I changed a bulb around on my £194.99 lamp. - not impressed, but my fault.
5) Lamp is of a much better build quality, all the little bits and catches are absolutely solid. - Logo fell off in a month on previous lamp.
6) Cable is longer and seperates from unit for easy storage in mobile case - very handy, plug can be tucked away in towel.
7) Much better designed integrated pedicure unit than previous lamp - previous one very 'faffy' and feet sometimes did not cure properly.

I think CND should promote the quality and sturdiness of the lamp more, alongside the UV output. I dont even use Shellac, but I still want a quality lamp and this is a bargain at half the price of my previous one.
I could have had two of these for the same price as my D**l***t one! and got eight top quality bulbs in the process!:cry:
All in all, I am very impressed. 10/10

Who knows I may even try shellac now! :lol:

Go for it, go for Shellac! :)

The only lamps I own are the Brisa lamp and the CND lamp so I can't compare them to others but I do agree the CND lamp is amazing.

I can't wait for my Master Painter Class as a CND lamp in included! :D

Wow that sounds interesting! I'm more into my nail art than anything, and I love feet too - that big toe is just an empty canvas as far as I'm concerned! I just love to glaze n go my nail art!
I change my nails about every 4 days and love different designs so I doubt I would see a benefit to shellac - it would kill me to keep a colour on for so long!
I had considered Shellacing then konading so maybe xx

This is my totally unbiased review....
The bulbs have gotten worn out in my expensive lamp (£194.99) - I know as my glaze n go is taking 3 mins to cure, they are going black around the base yet my lamp still has not 'beeped 10 times' to tell me. (humph)
As I am not happy with the contructive quality of this expensive lamp, which I really expected more from, I decided to go and take a look in person at the CND lamp.
The CND lamp is of superior quality to my existing twice-the-price one. They both have the same DESCRIBABLE features regarding fan, timer & seperate pedicure unit, and both use bulbs around the £40 mark for a new set but the difference in them when you actually SEE them is remarkable.
Main differences are CND -
1) The outer plastic coating is very sturdy and looks quality
2) There is a carry handle, made from sturdy plastic - very useful
3) Much more compact & portable design - fits into silver comp of beauty case. Previous lamp would not.
4) The bulbs holders have 'metal/wire' pins rather than cheap plastic pins. The plastic pins snapped when I changed a bulb around on my £194.99 lamp. - not impressed, but my fault.
5) Lamp is of a much better build quality, all the little bits and catches are absolutely solid. - Logo fell off in a month on previous lamp.
6) Cable is longer and seperates from unit for easy storage in mobile case - very handy, plug can be tucked away in towel.
7) Much better designed integrated pedicure unit than previous lamp - previous one very 'faffy' and feet sometimes did not cure properly.

I think CND should promote the quality and sturdiness of the lamp more, alongside the UV output. I dont even use Shellac, but I still want a quality lamp and this is a bargain at half the price of my previous one.
I could have had two of these for the same price as my D**l***t one! and got eight top quality bulbs in the process!:cry:
All in all, I am very impressed. 10/10

Who knows I may even try shellac now! :lol:
I am considering a CND lamp, as I'd love to offer Shellac to my services..how much are they and where can i purchase it?
Thanks x

I am considering a CND lamp, as I'd love to offer Shellac to my services..how much are they and where can i purchase it?
Thanks x

The scottish distributor is based just outside Edinburgh the Fingertips Centre. I even think they are open all weekend this weekend! http://www.thefingertipscentre.co.uk/Contact-Us.html

I too find the CND lamp the best I have used, and much prefer it to my LED lamp which cost double :irked:

The scottish distributor is based just outside Edinburgh the Fingertips Centre. I even think they are open all weekend this weekend! The Fingertips Centre - Contact Us

I too find the CND lamp the best I have used, and much prefer it to my LED lamp which cost double :irked:

...and once again I thank my lucky stars that I found CND. I just happened upon the brand when I was looking to train back in 1998. The MIL of a friend of mine just mentioned that the place where she had her nails done also did training. So I called them and have never regretted it.

The first Olympia I attended back in 1998 was the first indication of what a fab company they are. Every stand that I went to asked me which system I used, and when I said CND they all said 'well yeah, they are the best'. Amazing as they are in competition with them.

I purchased the Shellac kit at Olympia this year. I have never worked with a lamp as I just did L&P (I 'retired' in 2003), and now I find very experienced people saying it's the best lamp on the market...fantastic :lol:

Love you CND and Sweet Squared :Love::Love::Love:

As a lamp virgin I'm very happy that I started with the new cnd lamp - nothing else to compare it with but I love it!

Latest posts

Back