CND LED and Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
scared to ask... But has anyone done the maths and decided if the new LED lamp cures gelish and if so what setting?
Oh and the reverse, now that shellac does cure under LED will it cure in the 18g gelish lamp?

One of my therapists regularly just uses whichever lamp is in the room so I want an educated answer not just a product specific one.

The CND LED lamp has been designed specifically to cure Shellac, the formulation for Shellac hasn't changed therefore it still won't cure in a different lamp so that hasn't changed.

Whether the CND lamp will cure Gelish you would need to get that confirmed by their manufacturers.

My Gelish LED lamp cures everything! X

The CND LED lamp has been designed specifically to cure Shellac, the formulation for Shellac hasn't changed therefore it still won't cure in a different lamp so that hasn't changed.

Whether the CND lamp will cure Gelish you would need to get that confirmed by their manufacturers.

I know the shellac formulation has not changed..that's a generic answer In favour of not trying, gelish cures quite happily in the CND UV lamp but shellac doesn't in the gelish lamp . Cnd always maintained they would not do an LED lamp, now that they have if I or anyone else has the specifics of the output could it be worked out (in the same way other manufacturers would do it) wether or not it would work on other products well.

I think Gelish states their product will cure in any lamp don't they? I don't know if they would have tested it with the new CND lamp though which is why I suggested checking with them. And I'm not sure any manufacturer gives out the specifics of their lamp UV output do they? Wattage yes, but that's irrelevant because that's just the power the lamp uses and not relevant to the curing ability.

Gelish can be cured in any 36watt UV Lamp, but it is only the Gelish LED lamps that are recommended.

Latest posts

Back