CND LED lamp for OPI gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rima Shah

Reaction score
Hi ladies, has anyone tried curing OPI Gel Polish with the CND LED lamp?

Although every product line requests that you use their branded products throughout any service, they still basically cure the same under the required time (LED/UV different timed seconds per coat) under any lamp. Many may disagree but I use different lines with different lamps and have yet to run into issues. We guarantee our gel work up to 10 days and rarely have issues (sometimes a chip or lift). Nail prep work is the most important for adhesion, so as long as the nail plate is prepped properly, I don't see why you'd run into any issues. I'd suggest doing some trial and error for yourself to see if you feel comfortable straying lines from lamp to lamp. Personally I use Gelish II lamps for most of my products but also have cured other brands under a CND lamp. I hope this helps a little and good luck!

This is great thanks so so much.

This is great thanks so so much.

Rima - please ignore the previous information you have been given, both for your health and that of your clients. Just because someone 'thinks' their method is OK does not mean it is. To be fully insured and protect everyone involved your insurance will stipulate that you use your products as 'per the manufactures instructions'. With quality branded products such as CND, OPI, Gellish, etc. they have specifically created a lamp to work with their products. You can think that this is to get more money from you but actually it's to make life simpler for everyone involved - 'use this lamp, with this product and it will work correctly' - there is no grey area regarding is it/does it/will it. The answers are there clearly for you.

Please also take the time to read the thread I have linked below, specifically post number 22 by SwedenBob - it's complicated, I think I had to read through about 5 times before I fully understood all the finer detail. But I believe once you have the information you will understand why we recommend the right lamp for the right product.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/the-gel-bottle-not-curing-properly.318193/page-2#post-2609440

Latest posts

Back