CND LED lamp - sculpted nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Another question!

Can I actually use the CND LED Lamp to set sculpted Gel Nails when the forms are on? Im thinking the forms would hit the back of the lamp, preventing proper placement therefore an incorrect cure??

Any thoughts on this ladies?

You can but I wouldn't say it's overly comfortable for the client so it's a good job it's only 60 seconds lol
I did try trimming the underside of the forms once applied but when the client then put their hands in the lamp they started popping open from her pressing her hand on the lamp so don't advise that and I didn't try it again! So long as they're careful when placing their hand in the lamp and don't knock the bottom of the form it's fine.

You can but I wouldn't say it's overly comfortable for the client so it's a good job it's only 60 seconds lol
I did try trimming the underside of the forms once applied but when the client then put their hands in the lamp they started popping open from her pressing her hand on the lamp so don't advise that and I didn't try it again! So long as they're careful when placing their hand in the lamp and don't knock the bottom of the form it's fine.

Think im going to have to put a nail form on myself and see the placement for myself! I certainly don't want to invest in something and then realise I have to buy a new LED Lamp ontop (insane) ((Especially as Iv just purchased the CND LED Lamp))

I haven't had any curing issues using forms with the new lamp, the light still hits the surface of the nails.

Apparently the lamp was in development for 5 years and they would have checked all these things as techs use forms on a daily basis, CND wouldnt release a lamp where you couldn't use them :)

I haven't had any curing issues using forms with the new lamp, the light still hits the surface of the nails.

Apparently the lamp was in development for 5 years and they would have checked all these things as techs use forms on a daily basis, CND wouldnt release a lamp where you couldn't use them :)
Fair point :)

Instead of trimming the forms why don't you fold them?.. It gets rid of the excess but also makes the forms more secure and stops them popping open :)

I have no issues.
It's a quick cure so the clients just sort of float their hand. As soon as my extension is done I remove the forms and continue with the rest of the nail.

Latest posts

Back