CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The extra 30 seconds has more to do with curing it right instead of just fast. Also the Express 5 will cure in the LED or the current lamp. The new lamp will also cure the current top coat and all of the colours (it's been tailored for any light cured CND product really).

If the old lamp will cure the new top coat and the new lamp will cure old top coat then what's the difference between the old and new top coat? What does it do different when the rest of the system just stays the same? :)

It has been said on facebook that the new topcoat will mean the shellac can be removed in 5 minutes...5 minute express removal :)

Was so excited about this coming but needed a new lamp
And had to buy new in march as no one could tell me when it comin out im so disappointed :( hope its as good as it looks though!

If the old lamp will cure the new top coat and the new lamp will cure old top coat then what's the difference between the old and new top coat? What does it do different when the rest of the system just stays the same? :)

I wonder/hope if the new top coat isn't so thick or prone to thickening as the old one. There's been a lot of complaints about the old one so maybe they've addressed those issues, fingers crossed.

Karaxxx

I'm guessing that any old shellac that say UV cure aren't going to be LED compatible or is it just me that it's using older stock. And does that mean that the ones that don't say UV on them are led ready?

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm guessing that any old shellac that say UV cure aren't going to be LED compatible or is it just me that it's using older stock. And does that mean that the ones that don't say UV on them are led ready?

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Good question! X

LED cures products by emitting UV light. The challenge with LED is that the UV light that it emits is much more narrow and focused than traditional lamps. That means the product and/or the light need to be that much more finely tuned. Instead of re formulating Shellac, they just built the lamp up to emit the correct levels of UV.

Re: new top coat, using it will cut your removal down to 5 mins, it applies thinner and has a knock out shine.

(I'm not knocking shellac or cnd or s2 in anyway...s2 shellac trained myself) and I know we must strive to improve and progress.
But... Is it just me or does anyone else ever feel that your just up to date and on top of the game and bam!...you're suddenly out of date again, haven't got the latest thing. I (and my bank balance) struggle to keep up sometimes 😔

That is always the challenge with innovation. But what I love about the approach CND have taken with this situation is that in order to take advantage of the innovation, you do not need to suddenly throw out your old lamp or change over your inventory. You can get the benefits as an when it suits you and your business :)

Will we be able to pre-order or will we have to wait until after the launch for the "scramble" and will there be enough stock for everyone?

Karaxxx

We can't really do a pre-order as we don't really have the systems in place to facilitate that. We should also have plenty of inventory from launch date so I have no concerns there. My suggestion? Hit the site on launch day and avoid any phone queues :)

I know i was excited to see that! More importantly that it will be easier inside the light drawer in my desk. I have to pull it out every time to hit the button.

I think the fact that they are coming out with a special topcoat just for LED answers the question can the product be used with the LED lamp now.

I cannot polish fast than 1 minute, but it can be frustrating to wait 2 minutes when I'm doing my own nails or just one nail on a client. The girl i work with uses LED and makes it seem like its so much faster, yet i finish faster than her and she has to put the thumbs in separate.

I feel like CND won't put out a product until all the kinks are out. Thats why they are so late in the LED game ;)

I am more curious if they are going to include them in their upcoming classes before i purchase one. Maybe the master painter class?

The new Top Coat can be used in the current Shellac lamp or the new LED (just like the current Shellac range). As you can either tune a product to cure correctly to the UV output from a UV/LED lamp or you can tune the UV output of the lamp to meet the requirements of the products. In this case, CND tuned their LED to emit the correct levels of UV light for all their UV cured product which is basically the same as the output from their current UV lamp.

Hope that makes sense! :)

Will we get the same deal your offering in USA buy the rainbow collection and get lamp for free ??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Very exciting!! Lamp looks great! How often do the bulbs last on the new lamp please Mrs Geek? Or do LED bulbs last forever?! xxxx

Will we get the same deal your offering in USA buy the rainbow collection and get lamp for free ??

Yup, though we are awaiting pricing and availability finalising

Very exciting!! Lamp looks great! How often do the bulbs last on the new lamp please Mrs Geek? Or do LED bulbs last forever?! xxxx
Off the top of my head it was something like 10,000 hours (but could have been much more). Will dig up notes and make sure for you.

Off the top of my head it was something like 10,000 hours (but could have been much more). Will dig up notes and make sure for you.

That's amazing!! Exciting times! xxxx

Fab great thanks x

Latest posts

Back