CND opaque powders lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missksf

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having trouble with the CND opaque powders (cool, neutral pink) whenever I do a set my prep is thorough and the nail plate is cleansed with scrub fresh, my ration is fairly spot on (not dry or runny) but it lifts within a couple or days.

For example, did a set of sculpted pink and whites (using neutral pink) with the ring finger and thumb being accent nails. The thumb and ring finger haven't lifted at all but all the sculpted P&W have, I discussed this with my tutor (I'm studying level 3 nail services) and my tutor says she also has trouble with those powders, is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem??

Thank you x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398093770.825010.jpg. These are the nails

Anyone? I really would appreciate some advise .. I'm a bit worried if I get more clients who need nail bed extentions :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

All CND Perfect Colour Powders have the same adhesive qualities whether they are opaque or sheer, one should not be more prone to lifting than another.

I love the opaque pinks and have been using them since they launched. I have not found the challenges you mention, however I have taught those who have. After some detective work during one to one training we found the answer.
It seems that even though there should be no difference in 'feel' between opaque and sheer powders, because they LOOK so different it's quite easy to be using a different mix ratio with opaque than we do with sheer without realising it. What I have seen most is techs taking overly wet opaque beads when their beads with sheer powder are bang on. To test this out try taking beads of different powders and placing them down on some laminated card or paper, don't mess with them just let them settle. You'll get an idea of how wet or dry they are by looking at them from the side once they settle and set. Opaque beads can LOOK dry when in fact they are not.

The key to getting the most from and CND product is to use it as a system; CND liquid, CND Brush, CND P.R.E.P, etc. Also the wearer must use SolarOil every day. The products have been researched and developed to work together synergistically - this goes hand in hand with CND Education. CND L&P is not just like any other L&P system. Perhaps you could attend a CND L&P Conversion class with a CND Education Ambassador, when they see you using the product they will be able to advise you best on what might be going wrong.

Don't give up on the powders! I use the opaque pinks in some form, blended or straight out the pot, on almost every L&P client, I wouldn't be without them!

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice maybe my beads are a little wet when you explain it like that :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back