CND or not-advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hello everyone, its me again the pain in the bum , I am so undecided as to which company to go with. I am fully trained and also Calgel trained so only looking at offering gels, manis/pedis at the moment. I am stuck between going with Nubar gelicure & calgel or just investing my money in CND Brisa and shellac.

I have tried many other makes in the past, NSI Balance gels, trained with Creatives fabric wrap system ages ago, the edge and then moved on to Calgel and will be trying out Gelicure over the holidays.

Calgel is a good gel system but had a few things that I didnt like about it, I dont have any left so think now is a good time if I am going to change they are also a bit more expensive than some others out there.

I have invested in CND Vinylux and must say I am totally in love with the polish, it does what it says, goes on well and the colours look good, so I am wondering what the Brisa Gels and Shellac would be like, if as good or better than Vinylux .

Question is do I bite the bullet and invest in CND are they really that good? seems many of you like them, I feel that I have tried so many systems just trying to find one that works for me and gives good results, then hopefully repeat custom.

I dont mind doing more training in the future as I think that it always helps to keep us up to date with the latest technology and safety requirements.

Also can anyone give any advice on good nail tips , I am using calgel tips at the moment and hate the blending, I can do it but takes me ages the tips are not in my opinion that nice to work with, tried using the liquid stuff for blending sorry cant remember what its called but didn't like using that either. I prefer to sculpt but not always possible.

So if anyone can give me their feed back on any of the products I am thinking of using, it may just help me decide as really want to order my bits and get started asap, bear in mind that I will need to have a practice with what ever products I buy.

Hiya!
I use A few different systems for various treatments all of which work amazingly for me! Here is a list of what I use!
Gel Manis/Pedis - CND Shellac
Mani/Pedis - Sparitual Polish/CND Vinylux
Spa Mani - CND Almond Spa
Acrylic - NSI Attraction
Gel Extens - NSI Balance

I wouldn't look back from Shellac I think it is wonderful, I have used Gelish in the past but I find Shellac to be more pleasant to work with!

Also I use either the NSI Dura Tips or the NSI Elation Tips, dura tips are easier to blend but I find the Elation tips sit much nicer on the nail!

Hope this helps a little!! Xxx

Hiya!
I use A few different systems for various treatments all of which work amazingly for me! Here is a list of what I use!
Gel Manis/Pedis - CND Shellac
Mani/Pedis - Sparitual Polish/CND Vinylux
Spa Mani - CND Almond Spa
Acrylic - NSI Attraction
Gel Extens - NSI Balance

I wouldn't look back from Shellac I think it is wonderful, I have used Gelish in the past but I find Shellac to be more pleasant to work with!

Also I use either the NSI Dura Tips or the NSI Elation Tips, dura tips are easier to blend but I find the Elation tips sit much nicer on the nail!

Hope this helps a little!! Xxx

thankyou I would like to try shellac but works out expensive as have to buy lamp even though I have a very good lamp already, but will try the gelicure first should be here in a few days, won some on ebay someone was selling, so cheap enough to try out. I am looking for a soak off gel to use inline with the gel polish. Will have a look at the tips you mention.

thankyou I would like to try shellac but works out expensive as have to buy lamp even though I have a very good lamp already, but will try the gelicure first should be here in a few days, won some on ebay someone was selling, so cheap enough to try out. I am looking for a soak off gel to use inline with the gel polish. Will have a look at the tips you mention.

You need to be very careful buying off eBay, there is no way of knowing if the products are genuine, if they are allowed in the country you live in, if they are stolen etc...
Buy cheap, buy twice

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Question is do I bite the bullet and invest in CND are they really that good? seems many of you like them, I feel that I have tried so many systems just trying to find one that works for me and gives good results, then hopefully repeat custom.

I dont mind doing more training in the future as I think that it always helps to keep us up to date with the latest technology and safety requirements.

CND really are that good. I've been using the brand for 16 years and it's only gotten better and better. In the salon the quality of the the systems and techniques we learned on CND courses allowed us to grow from 2 techs (just me and Mum starting out) to a big salon employing 8 nail professionals.

As an Educator for CND I have seen many many nail techs turn their businesses around and grow to be very successful. There is a reason CND is the world's No.1 professional nail company.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Latest posts

Back