CND Pink Lotus Addictive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiannon

Reaction score
Last Wednesday I did my sisters nails with brisa lite smoothing gel and shellac. I applied the brisa lite all find then applied one coat of clearly pink, cured for 2 mins then lightly dusted pink lotus over the top. I noticed it hadn't covered the whole nail so I applied a second coat of clearly pink and then dusted over again with pink lotus I followed it with top coat and cured. I went to wipe over with dsperse and noticed down the sidewalls and near the cuticles the addictive had not taken and there were gaps of no colour? I'm so confused as I don't no what I've done wrong? My sister messaged me earlier saying they have started to come off too but I'm not surprised as something isn't right! Any advice would be great or love to know if I have done something wrong! Thanks

When you apply the additives you need to really burnish them in to the colour coat and brush off any excess.
I would suggest the other issue is, that you haven't completely top coated, D'sperse will remove colour/additives if not top coated, HTH x

When you apply the additives you need to really burnish them in to the colour coat and brush off any excess.
I would suggest the other issue is, that you haven't completely top coated, D'sperse will remove colour/additives if not top coated, HTH x

EXACTLY!
I was experimenting with pigments and additives (to do an ombre effect) just a few weeks ago and this happened to me. You have to really make sure that you burnish the pigment to the tacky layer AND use your clear coat or top coat over the entire surface right to the edge and seal the free edge. I let mine sit for about 5 minutes before curing to absorb completely and unify the layers so that the layers do not separate and peel off.
If you do not seal with top coat completely, the D'sperse will seep into the unsealed spot and remove a bubble of your lovely pigment!
After I was more thorough, my ombre manicure worked perfectly and lasted the full two weeks.
This is it:

Attachments

• IMG_9280.JPG
    IMG_9280.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 154

Latest posts

Back