CND pricing advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to branch into offering nails and Im trying to do some research into the actual cost of setting up and what is the most cost effective way of doing it.

Due to CND policy not to give you any price information unless you are a professional I have no way of working out what is the most cost effective thing to do. As I am not yet qualified they'll only give me an account if Ive booked my training and I don't want to book my training without knowing what is the best thing to do so you see where this leaves me possibly booking the wrong thing and out of pocket. Not the best introduction to their company I must say.

Anyway ranting aside can anyone give me price info. As I said to the lady on the phone, I dont want to know the exact amount of each item - just a rough amount of the kit needed for each conversion course if I was to train elsewhere and then convert to CND.

Ive seen a mani/pedi, acrylic ext and gel course for £395 on capital hair and beauty. The kit needed after costs about £300 (for mani kit, gellux polish kit, acrylic kit, gellux uv kit and lamp)
So total £700

The complete course at CND is £2,000 but you dont need to buy kit.

Clearly this is a massive price difference and really I want to use CND products not Gellux after reading loads of stuff on here. There is an option to do a conversion course for £50 then you buy the kit on top but having no idea what this kit is I don't know if this is viable.

Please help someone I'm going insane.

I understand why they do it but not to give you any clue on total prices whatsoever means when your looking to train they make it as hard as possible and I don't want to gamble with my money I just want to book the most cost effective thing first time round!

xxx

Fraid not, just like CND who do the absolutely right thing by protecting their professionals (and are very well respected for doing so) we also do not discuss or post wholesale prices here on salon geek, to protect our businesses.

As CND offer the best training in the business you can't go wrong with them no matter which product you ended up using... but all classes include a kit in the price so they are very good value, but still a large initial outlay and worth every penny.

It depends what products your looking to buy but if you want CND L&P, Shellac & the lamp I would say it will probably cost you more than what you have left after paying to train elswehere & then the conversion course.

Your best bet it to go straight for the CND course.

Like I said to the lady on the phone I understand that but I have not even a ball park figure as to how much the kit is if I've I paid £50 to do the shellac conversion as I didn't want to use gellux.

I could find this out once either booked onto a cnd course (either full or conversion) but I don't know if the cheapest option is £2k cnd complete course with kit, capital course then conversion shellac course and kit.

£2k is a lot of money to part with when you don't know the cost of the alternative.

I understand where your coming from BUT we are saying you shouldn't be basing your decission just on the cost of the training & products.

You should be wanting to get the best training & support and products.

If you go the cheap training route you will be trying to learn with inferior products and then have to go and learn again to know how to use the product you have already decided to use (CND Shellac) and you will be left with products you don't want to use.

You will save time & money buy just going with the CND course straight off.

The cheapest way to get into nails is to do a mani/pedi certificate at your local college. This is a recognised qualification, and you can add on it from there. You will them be classed as a professional, and will have access to prices. You can then do further training with any company you wish.

I would go straight for the CND course, as otherwise it is going to take you twice as long to do each class with both companies.

I would also expect it to be more expensive doing two, once you cover classes, kit, two lots of travel expense...

CND really are wonderful but it just isn't good business to give out prices to anyone who asks xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi All,

I'm looking to branch into offering nails and Im trying to do some research into the actual cost of setting up and what is the most cost effective way of doing it.

Due to CND policy not to give you any price information unless you are a professional I have no way of working out what is the most cost effective thing to do. As I am not yet qualified they'll only give me an account if Ive booked my training and I don't want to book my training without knowing what is the best thing to do so you see where this leaves me possibly booking the wrong thing and out of pocket. Not the best introduction to their company I must say.

Anyway ranting aside can anyone give me price info. As I said to the lady on the phone, I dont want to know the exact amount of each item - just a rough amount of the kit needed for each conversion course if I was to train elsewhere and then convert to CND.

Ive seen a mani/pedi, acrylic ext and gel course for £395 on capital hair and beauty. The kit needed after costs about £300 (for mani kit, gellux polish kit, acrylic kit, gellux uv kit and lamp)
So total £700

The complete course at CND is £2,000 but you dont need to buy kit.

Clearly this is a massive price difference and really I want to use CND products not Gellux after reading loads of stuff on here. There is an option to do a conversion course for £50 then you buy the kit on top but having no idea what this kit is I don't know if this is viable.

Please help someone I'm going insane.

I understand why they do it but not to give you any clue on total prices whatsoever means when your looking to train they make it as hard as possible and I don't want to gamble with my money I just want to book the most cost effective thing first time round!

xxx
I am probably being thick, but just to make sure I have understood correctly...the cost of total training ( in all systems?) including kit is £2k, but your concern is what the ongoing costs of the products would be?

I am not sure if this will help but I am going to use CND, not in the UK but I think it is the same here. I believe the product and the training to be superior. I can understand your concern if i have understood correctly? basically you want to do the maths before committing yourself. i hadnt realised you were unable to do so but for me the ongoing costs of the products would be relevant to the prices charged (as it is a superior product)
I have used other systems in the past, in my experience you can end up spending a lot more by using multiple systems and equipment forking out for conversion training or 1 to 1 to get staff up to standard. It can sometimes be better and easier to have the one system for all particularly for consistency and if you have staff to be trained. X

I did a cheap manicure course and wasn't impressed. I did complete my shellac course after this and loved the training. I have now signed up to do my CND Complete starting in September and can't wait. I know it seems expensive but I wish I'd just started out doing the complete course from the start rather than wasting my money on other courses and products.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all for your help.

I'm just really worried about the initial outlay as clearly it's not just the training cost, but then polishes on top.
I'm not sure how much you get with the kit in the complete cnd course so I don't know how it would need to be replaced and when is see a return on investment from it.

It's scary starting something new and with a new little baby I can't afford to chance anything, just want do best thing first time hence the research. when you can't get the pricing info you need to make an informed choice with all the products and courses avail its not the most comforting if feelings...

Thank you all for your help.

I'm just really worried about the initial outlay as clearly it's not just the training cost, but then polishes on top.
I'm not sure how much you get with the kit in the complete cnd course so I don't know how it would need to be replaced and when is see a return on investment from it.

It's scary starting something new and with a new little baby I can't afford to chance anything, just want do best thing first time hence the research. when you can't get the pricing info you need to make an informed choice with all the products and courses avail its not the most comforting if feelings...

You would not be 'chancing' anything with CND.

Hi Hun,

I also phoned to do cnd course and they wouldn't advise what was in kit/value of kit etc, was really annoyed as a lot of other companies do!

I ended up doing a bellissima gel course For manicure/pedicure/gel and gel extensions then done shellac course. Worked out lots cheaper but if I'm honest I wish I'd done full cnd course! I ended up buying into bellissima and I struggle to sell it as I'm do pro cnd, I've ended up tryin various glues/tips etc then ending up with cnd, all the hours and hours and hours of research and majority of things I do/have is CND!

I do think they should tell you what is included in kit tho as u wouldn't buy a car not knowing what the extras were??!

Anyway, my advice is bite the bullet and go for it, most acrylic courses are 5-600 anyway so between that, mani/pedi/shellac/gel/brisa ur not that far off money wise. Good luck in whatever u decide! Xxxxxxx

Ps bellissima were fab and its a fab product! Just incase anyone thinks I'm dissing it!

Xxxxxx

The cheapest way to get into nails is to do a mani/pedi certificate at your local college. This is a recognised qualification, and you can add on it from there. You will them be classed as a professional, and will have access to prices. You can then do further training with any company you wish.

I was also going to advise the above. Start with a manicure course and take it from there. Whichever path you follow from then on, it wont be a wasted experience. As squidgernetball says, this will give you acess to the info you are looking for and then you can make an informed decision.

Latest posts

Back