CND Rescue RXx making nails peel more!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireP

Reaction score
I've been using CND Rescue RXx on my own nails as they are peely and weak. I put this down to having to take medication for stomach problems. I know it's not my removal of product as I'm CND trained and just did my Gel II conversion course and was told if anything I'm too gentle! Since using it for 3 weeks now instead of IBX under my CND Shellac my nails have become dryer and more peely. I think I'd have been better if just using solar oil. Has any one else experienced this with Rescue RXx? Can't retail to clients if I don't believe in the product. I'm looking for genuine responses to using the product on a range of nail types please. X

I've only experienced positive feedback from my clients, my own nails are also the best they've been for a long time, unsure why your getting a negative result.

it won't work over shellac, You must apply it to bare nails to make sure the keratin is able to reach the nails.

Best results on bare nails but my shellac ladies are also seeing an improvement.

Rescue rxx isn't a replacement for IBX.

It doesn't seem very logical to conclude rxx has caused the deterioration when you have ceased using an intensive professional treatment at the same time.

Last edited:
I've been using it on bare nails and ceased other treatment as recommended by CND. All I can say is mine are worse and I won't be continuing with it. Back to IBX or Gel II for healthier nails for me. Nice to know it works for some people though but not a suitable product for me. Thanks for the input [emoji4]

Rescue rxx isn't a replacement for IBX.

It doesn't seem very logical to conclude rxx has caused the deterioration when you have ceased using an intensive professional treatment at the same time.
I'm not saying it caused it but it's made it worse. You can't use IBX alongside CND Rescue RXx as it would cause brittle nails. I've used it twice a day as recommended. I agree though Rescue RXx is no contender for IBX.

I have been retailing this product since it came out and had fab results with it. Until the other day. I had a client with peeling nails so suggested a rescue manicure and sent her home with naked nails and a bottle of RescueRxx. Had a phone call 2 weeks later with her cancelling her future manicures and letting me know that she had stopped using the product because not only where 3-4of her nails peeling, now all of them were. She wasn't impressed and left me feeling rubbish! Didn't know what to say to her as I've only received rave reviews from other clients.

It's hard when a client believes a product you have recommended hasn't work or made the problem worse... I believe that not all products work for everyone, but unless you try how will you know! Try speaking with Sweet Squared to see if they have any answers... After all you are their customer! Good luck x

Latest posts

Back