CND Shellac beginners course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenKnight

Reaction score
hey :)
I’ve just booked onto the cnd shellac beginners course (2 days), I was wondering if anyone else has been on it? I know I need to take a model on day two, is there anything else I would need or would recommend I take with me?!
Thanks
X

hey :)
I’ve just booked onto the cnd shellac beginners course (2 days), I was wondering if anyone else has been on it? I know I need to take a model on day two, is there anything else I would need or would recommend I take with me?!
Thanks
X

You will get a letter closer to the time with a list of things to bring. I took 2 handtowels, a smile line brush, notebook, pens and a spray bottle filled with water to deactivate the cutical remover. You should also bring the booklet they send you.

The pace of the course is pretty slow so you can relax and enjoy it.

Imo, you're wasting your time and money. Proper Shellac application can be summed up with just a few paragraphs.

As a beginner it's a great course. It made me confident in that area of what I do. If it's the course with the full kit just take your book x

Imo, you're wasting your time and money. Proper Shellac application can be summed up with just a few paragraphs.
If the OP hasn't previously done a course in gel polish application then she won't be able to get insurance so it certainly isn't a waste of money.

If the OP hasn't previously done a course in gel polish application then she won't be able to get insurance so it certainly isn't a waste of money.

What insurance?

What insurance?

I think Beautiful You is referring to professional insurance such as policies from BABTAC or The Guild.

I think Beautiful You is referring to professional insurance such as policies from BABTAC or The Guild.
I see. I live in the States and we don't do any of that.

I see. I live in the States and we don't do any of that.

It’s a very different system here in the UK and parts of Europe.
Whilst there is no formal Cosmetology State Board type registration, you really need to obtain a recognised qualification in the system you are using in order to purchase public liability insurance. Unfortunately, some Nail techs only complete very short (poor quality) courses and then set up in business. The insurance aspect is really to protect the paying public without the bother of a formalised national standards agency.

Latest posts

Back