CND Shellac lifting, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarcoated123

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

I have been trained in CND Shellac and keep referring back to the process and i'm just absolutely baffled. I have been doing nails and they have been listing 2/3 weeks perfectly. Out of the blue, they have started lifing but popping off in one whole piece? This is my routine.

File Nails
Cuticle Removal and push back cuticles
Wash hands
Scrubfresh
Base Coat
2/3 Colour coats with edges sealed.
Top coat.
Solar oil.

Its not my lamp because i thought this so i bought a brand new CND Brisa Lamp and im still having the same problem. Im using CND Shellac Base Coat and XPress Top Coat, but i have all 3 top coats and are having the same problem with all 3.

Baffled, help help help

Are you capping the base coat and top coat as well as the first colour coat? Are you shaking the bottles enough? Applying thin layers? If it's just happening all of a sudden are there any changes to the way you're storing your Shellac bottles or anything

I use cool blue before everything & use a little pump spray of water to remove cuticle away, and I use the cuticle knife all over the nail plate. Cuticle can be anywhere on the nail.

Is it a certain colour that is lifting?

I find this on two particular ladies I have no idea why though! I'm considering trying the new Magpie Gels to see how my clients get on with them as I feel so disheartened and blame myself when someone doesn't get two weeks wear

Are you using 5 point polish method or capping the edge separately?

I find this on two particular ladies I have no idea why though! I'm considering trying the new Magpie Gels to see how my clients get on with them as I feel so disheartened and blame myself when someone doesn't get two weeks wear
Don't blame yourself. I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it. Is everybody having problems with lifting or just a few people?

Latest posts

Back