CND Shellac on acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi_rollinson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me, I do a lot of cnd Shellac on acrylic nail extensions and none of them ever chip, but as soon as I do my own nails with Shellac it chips and I don't know why. I cap the free edges but it still chips -_-

Does anyone have any ideas that can stop it happening on my acrylics please.

TYIA :)

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me, I do a lot of cnd Shellac on acrylic nail extensions and none of them ever chip, but as soon as I do my own nails with Shellac it chips and I don't know why. I cap the free edges but it still chips -_-

Does anyone have any ideas that can stop it happening on my acrylics please.

TYIA :)
Are you buffing your acrylic too smooth before applying shellac maybe?

Is it because your nails come into contact with more chemicals? Acetone etc?

I often catch mine when filing clients nails or I manage to dissolve a bit when removing stubborn toenail varnish.
I've found using the duraforce top coat has helped a lot to reduce the problem

Is it because your nails come into contact with more chemicals? Acetone etc?
I was going to say this too
Acetone will melt away the seal you so carefully do around the free edge then it will separate from your own nail and chip etc - is it always on the fingers that you hold your acetone pad in? x

Thank you for your replies, yes I've noticed when I've done a few sets of nails they slightly chip, it must be the filing and chemicals x_x xx

Latest posts

Back