CND Shellac Top Coat Xpress 5 vs original top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
My top coat is running out and i'm tempted to buy the new xpress 5 topcoat because of the quicker removal time... I don't have the LED lamp so will be using with my UV lamp.

Can I ask people that have been curing this in their CND UV lamp, have they found it wear any better than the original top coat? Has anyone experienced any problems as I understand its thinner and therefore I just wondered whether to stick to what I know or give the new top coat a try?

Any feedback on this would be great.

Thanks guys :)

The new top coat can be used in the old UV lamp too. But I would say do try it out, it's really amazing. Although it's thinner it's just as tough and shinier than the original. And removal is literally just 5 mins when using with NR.

I love the new xpress5 and I really enjoy that it's thinner. I tried it both in the CND UV light and the CND Led. I don't notice any difference.

One observation I have made. I always use gloves when I work because of previous sensitivity to chemicals. And I bought a very cheap pack of powder free latex gloves in a grocery store in the U.S when I was on holiday recently. I used the cloves for housework and the latex turned really yellow on the finger part of the glove. I noticed that it actually stained my Creekside shellac manicure a tiny bit on the free edge and on two centers of nails. I had the xpress5 on and I've never noticed this with the other topcoat. I use nitrile gloves always so it's probably just the cheap latex that's not good for the shellac, but since the new topcoat is more porous it could probably attract more discoloration.

But I would get the Xpress5, it's amazing with additives!

Hope you enjoy it as much as me :)

Interesting thread, I follow....

Anyone else used the new topcoat in the uv lamp... Thoughts? x

I bought it today aswell but haven't really compared. I might still buy the original to use on myself to protect my own nails a bit more because of it being that bit more porous. I must start wearing gloves when doing removals and things.

I love the new xpress5 and I really enjoy that it's thinner. I tried it both in the CND UV light and the CND Led. I don't notice any difference.

One observation I have made. I always use gloves when I work because of previous sensitivity to chemicals. And I bought a very cheap pack of powder free latex gloves in a grocery store in the U.S when I was on holiday recently. I used the cloves for housework and the latex turned really yellow on the finger part of the glove. I noticed that it actually stained my Creekside shellac manicure a tiny bit on the free edge and on two centers of nails. I had the xpress5 on and I've never noticed this with the other topcoat. I use nitrile gloves always so it's probably just the cheap latex that's not good for the shellac, but since the new topcoat is more porous it could probably attract more discoloration.

But I would get the Xpress5, it's amazing with additives!

Hope you enjoy it as much as me :)

Do you not find the acetone eats through your nitrile gloves?

Lolly22 : I find that nitrile is the only glove that can stand acetone. I have two kinds. I have black ones to do shellac and gel with, and white ones from a dental supply that monomer and acetone don't eat thru. Nitrile is the glove type that is suppose to be the most resistant to chemicals. Latex has pores and Vinyl is a bad material to work with any chemical I find.

I have used the new top coat and love it. High shine and easy to remove. Goes on like the base coat, silky smooth. I find my original top coat goes gloppy. Been using about 3 weeks as got it at the Event and so far customer have been pleased. Last about the same as the original,top,coat. I have not used in the uv lamp yet as am loving my LED lamp. In my opinion I find it better to work with. Xx.

I've been wearing the new top cost for 2 & a half weeks, since the event. I was slightly concerned that the quicker soak off time would mean I'd have to redo my nails much quicker. I've got no scientific proof of this but I think it may be slightly more hard wearing. This is only my opinion based on the wear on my nails. Hth x

I've been wearing the new top cost for 2 & a half weeks, since the event. I was slightly concerned that the quicker soak off time would mean I'd have to redo my nails much quicker. I've got no scientific proof of this but I think it may be slightly more hard wearing. This is only my opinion based on the wear on my nails. Hth x
As its thinner I was just concerned it may not wear as well but that's a positive comment... Think I may give it a go! :)

I have used the new top coat and love it. High shine and easy to remove. Goes on like the base coat, silky smooth. I find my original top coat goes gloppy. Been using about 3 weeks as got it at the Event and so far customer have been pleased. Last about the same as the original,top,coat. I have not used in the uv lamp yet as am loving my LED lamp. In my opinion I find it better to work with. Xx.
Yes the top coat does go gloopy... If the new one is thinner this may also solve this issue x

So, the new topcoat is thinner, shinier, more protective AND allows for quicker removal?! Let me at it!:)

How long do you cure xpress 5 in the uv lamp?

Thought so, I'm sure i read it somewhere but couldn't find it again. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back