CND Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte20

Reaction score
I ordered some CND Shellac colours (nude knickers) from a website (Nailstars) and also got another colour (Salmon Run) from an app called Depop.
When I got them, all was fine but when I went to use them I find the brushes really small..
But when I ordered the French manicure set from Ebay (a verified account selling these products) the brush inside these are bigger and hence more easier to use..

I haven't used Shellac before so I'm not sure if the smaller bottles (7.3ml) have littler brushes? But then I'm not sure where to get the bigger 15ml bottles from?

Anyone got an ideas or have experience the smaller bottles having smaller brushes?

Thanks

I ordered some CND Shellac colours (nude knickers) from a website (Nailstars) and also got another colour (Salmon Run) from an app called Depop.
When I got them, all was fine but when I went to use them I find the brushes really small..
But when I ordered the French manicure set from Ebay (a verified account selling these products) the brush inside these are bigger and hence more easier to use..

I haven't used Shellac before so I'm not sure if the smaller bottles (7.3ml) have littler brushes? But then I'm not sure where to get the bigger 15ml bottles from?

Anyone got an ideas or have experience the smaller bottles having smaller brushes?

Thanks

Unfortunately for you, this is a very good example of why you shouldn't purchase professional products through unauthorised distributors.

By trying to save yourself a few £'s, you will not be able to authentic whether the products are genuine, you run the risk of insurance implications, and also possible allergic reactions.

The authorised distributors for CND Shellac are of course Sweet Squared, and their sub distributors are Ellisons.

Your clients deserve the best, so do it the right way and you'll have excellent customer service, as well as on-hand educators to answer any questions you may have.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately for you, this is a very good example of why you shouldn't purchase professional products through unauthorised distributors.

By trying to save yourself a few £'s, you will not be able to authentic whether the products are genuine, you run the risk of insurance implications, and also possible allergic reactions.

The authorised distributors for CND Shellac are of course Sweet Squared, and their sub distributors are Ellisons.

Your clients deserve the best, so do it the right way and you'll have excellent customer service, as well as on-hand educators to answer any questions you may have.

Hope that helps.

can you confirm that all brush sizes are the same for the small and bigger bottles please?

Thank you for your advise!
I shall check out sites :)

I brought some solar oil from eBay (just a pinkie to try) from a verified seller, it smells like cooking oil not almond so I think even "verified" sellers can be false sellers

Don't waste money on eBay because 99% of the time it's probably fake

Just buy from a proper distributor and save yourself and your clients hassle

can you confirm that all brush sizes are the same for the small and bigger bottles please?

Thank you for your advise!
I shall check out sites :)

All the Shellac colours are just one size, 7.3ml. It's only the Shellac Base and Top Coats which are available in two different sizes.

The brushes with the colours should all be the same and not vary.....this could be an indication of what you have is possibly counterfeit.

Shellac colours don't come in 15ml bottles, only 7.3.

This is one of the first lessons I got taught when training with CND. If you buy from an unauthorised source, then you could be buying counterfeit and your insurance will not cover you!! Counterfeit can cause some nasty allergic reactions.
If you have been trained, then I would be applying for trade accounts with Sweet Squared etc.
Start as you mean to go on. Don't skimp on education or products.

Hi. Sadly, you have learnt a very hard lesson here by buying of discounted sites, you will not get a genuine product.
The offical brush size for the base coat with Shellac is actually slightly smaller than the brush in the colour bottles.
I would highly recommend that you only buy your shellac through either Sweet Squared or Ellisons. And to give your customers a complete shellac service by doing the Shellac course.
Xx

Thanks
Hi I have found the shellac brushes to be a bit smaller than other gel polishes. Maybe it is the French set that is not from a reputable seller even though they say it is.

Do the bottles have a code stamped underneath or on the back at the bottom of the bottle? Like engraved, not just printed? I've been caught out on eBay before and it's not worth it, your insurance won't cover you should anything go wrong. I now only ever buy from sweet squared or ellisons, xx

Latest posts

Back