CND Spa manicure - soak or not to soak

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have an elderly client that has been having regular CND spa manicures to get her nails into shape, she suffers with quite bad peeling on three of her nails. In the past she's had Shellac on a few occasions and even when I've lightly buffed away the peeling and used Brisa smoothing gel she's lucky if she gets a week before it chip's on these three nails.

So I decided it might be best to try the CND spa manicure for a few months without Shellac and she is using her moisture pack of cuticle eraser and solar oil daily.

So my question is should I actually be soaking the nails during her Spa manicure as I read a post by Doug Schoon that recommended no soaking especially if the clients nails suffer from delamination.

Maybe I could still use the Almond milk bath as part of the treatment and just not add the water?

WE still soak during our Spa Manicures but it isn't a long soak, and it is only done after the cuticle work and shaping of the nails while they are still dry and easier to file. It is also a hydrating soal and we use Solar Oil on the nails first which helps to repel the water from absorbing into the nail.

If your client loves the soak, Solar Oil her nails well first followed by a maximum or 4-5 minutes only in the bowl.

Great, thankyou Geeg, I love the Almond milk bath so didn't want leave this step out as its part of the CND spa experience, so i'll give her nails lashings of solar oil before soaking next time.

Latest posts

Back