CND Stickey or CND Shellac base coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virtues2011

Reaction score
Please can someone tell me, Shellac - can you use CND Stickey as an alternative to CND Shellac base coat? or is it not necessary? Would it cure properly anyway? I've tried searching for a thread relating to this but nothing that tells me about substituting one for the other.

No, you can't. Stickey is a regular polish basecoat and shellac base uv curable. You have to use the whole correct system with shellac

No, you can't. Stickey is a regular polish basecoat and shellac base uv curable. You have to use the whole correct system with shellac

Thank you NVC, I thought this would be the case due to the curing of the products, I have all the correct CND Shellac System regardless but seem to have a lack of confidence with the thought of it chipping! - I will get over it... it's just a little lack of practice I think.

Have you tried the brisa smoothing gel under shellac? This gives extra strength and support under shellac.

Have you tried the brisa smoothing gel under shellac? This gives extra strength and support under shellac.

Good point. I have seen it and may be prudent that I purchase some. Nails isn't my main business focus at all and i don't perform many manicure services but I now have four coming up. I really must start practicing as I'm sure it is lack of practice that knocks the confidence with the polish application. It's not that anyone has even complained or made an observation. It's just me being a little over cautious for some reason :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's really easy to choose the right base for Shellac ... It does have to be part of the system though and definitely not Stickey. :hug:

While manicuring before application, have a good look at the condition of the natural mails.

If they are damaged or weak and bendy, then use the BL Smoothing gel as your base coat for Shellac.

If the nails are normally strong and in good health, then choose the normal Shellac Base coat.

Each base coat serves a specific need and specific type of client. X

It's really easy to choose the right base for Shellac ... It does have to be part of the system though and definitely not Stickey. :hug:

While manicuring before application, have a good look at the condition of the natural mails.

If they are damaged or weak and bendy, then use the BL Smoothing gel as your base coat for Shellac.

If the nails are normally strong and in good health, then choose the normal Shellac Base coat.

Each base coat serves a specific need and specific type of client. X

Thanks for your help Geeg. Understood. x

Sorry for jumping in on your thread. I am hopfully investing in the love Shellac kit next month. Do I use the Brisa lite gel instead of the base coat or with it? I will not be able to get to Dublin for Shellac training for a few months so all tips are appreciated 😊

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Geeg has pointed the differences out here. ...It is self explanatory Jennie. HTH

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry for jumping in on your thread. I am hopfully investing in the love Shellac kit next month. Do I use the Brisa lite gel instead of the base coat or with it? I will not be able to get to Dublin for Shellac training for a few months so all tips are appreciated 😊

The Brisa Lite system has it's own base coat so you would use that and then Brisa Lite Smoothing gel over that and then Shellac.

Thank you for replying & apologies for asking. I thought it might have been used as an extra support underneath the Shellac base if nails were brittle or damaged. I just want to ensure that I am giving my clients the correct treatment.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back