CND-which files/buffers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hiya
I'm going to b placing an order today with sweet squared and just wondering which files and buffers I should get for l&p? I got about 8 in my college kit and if I buy a pack of 10 in each I'll b spending a fortune! Which are the best and what stage do u use them? Thanx in advance xx

hi i have the kanga and blizzard files they are my fave! ive got the girlfriend buffer but havnt tried it yet so dont know that that like but the files are fab! hth x

I love the boomerang for refining too! [emoji106]

The 3 'most used' boards would be
Hot Shot 100/180- great for taking down old product at the rebalance stage (also good for pre-thinning tips)
*This board should never be used on natural nails as it is far too coarse. The 100 is good for the debulking during rebalance. The 180 can also be used on freshly applied product if your application is lumpy or unshapely

Koala - 240/1200 - the 240 can be used for the prep stage and is also a great refiner after application (if you application is reasonably smooth) The 1200 side is EXACTLY what you need for pushing your solar oil into the enhancement prior to bringing it to a high shine...

Girlfriend Buffer 2400/4800/12000 grit. The ideal finishing board after you have taken the scratches out with a 1200 grit board.
If you step down through these grits the girlfriend buffer will bring the nail to a higher gloss finish than you can get with a top coat and it will last better... These buffers come in a 4 pack. They are costly but last amazingly well

Grits to step through after application:
180 (only if needed to reshape, if you are using this a lot then you need to re-acess your application...)
240 (refine and shape, removes deep scratches)
1200 (rub solar oil in and then ram it in with this smooth grit)
Girlfriend (black and white makes grey, this is the colour order to remember going from roughest to smoothest)

hope that helps

The 3 'most used' boards would be
Hot Shot 100/180- great for taking down old product at the rebalance stage (also good for pre-thinning tips)
*This board should never be used on natural nails as it is far too coarse. The 100 is good for the debulking during rebalance. The 180 can also be used on freshly applied product if your application is lumpy or unshapely

Koala - 240/1200 - the 240 can be used for the prep stage and is also a great refiner after application (if you application is reasonably smooth) The 1200 side is EXACTLY what you need for pushing your solar oil into the enhancement prior to bringing it to a high shine...

Girlfriend Buffer 2400/4800/12000 grit. The ideal finishing board after you have taken the scratches out with a 1200 grit board.
If you step down through these grits the girlfriend buffer will bring the nail to a higher gloss finish than you can get with a top coat and it will last better... These buffers come in a 4 pack. They are costly but last amazingly well

Grits to step through after application:
180 (only if needed to reshape, if you are using this a lot then you need to re-acess your application...)
240 (refine and shape, removes deep scratches)
1200 (rub solar oil in and then ram it in with this smooth grit)
Girlfriend (black and white makes grey, this is the colour order to remember going from roughest to smoothest)

hope that helps
Ah thanks your a star! I didn't get the hot shot or the girlfriend tho! I got the koala, the blizzard as I'm applying quite thick at the mo, the boomerang to take out scratches then the glossing block. Then I was going to use a cheaper 240 grit file for taking down/refining the shape of the natural nail b4 adding the tip - I may got bk to the cnd one but I've spent a fortune these last few months!! Thanku 4 ur detailed response, I can use this today when I do my friends nails. With what I've got, what would u suggest I use for per blending the tip and then blending it once applied? X

Use the blizzard for pre thinning the tip and the 240 side of koala for blending

Blizzard is nice but doesn't last as long as a hot shot in my opinion.

It was designed for use with brisa gel and is still best with that. Hence the white grit not black. Same with the boomerang boards

Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back