Coconut oil and spray tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipstick Kisses

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I've recently started using coconut oil on my skin and seen a huge improvement so far so I have been reading up on other benefits to see how else I can use it.
A couple of the articles have mentioned the benefits of using it when spray tanning? Sorry if this is a silly question but it said it can be used before spray tanning to create an even base - possibly it means in the days before like you would normally with moisturiser but it sounded like it meant immediately before. Wouldn't it form a barrier and block the tan? And also after the tan to maintain it, I have always been told no oil based products after a tan or it will go patchy and crack?
Any advice?
Many thanks! xx

Anyone? Thanks xx

Not speaking from experience but I would say its best used the day before (before exfoliating) as like you have said its an oil.
It could cause a complete barrier, react to the solution turning it green whilst developing or cause a patchy result.

Best not to ;)

I use essentials oils on my face. And I get spray tanned regularly. I personally don't really notice anything. It fades evening, but it does fade faster on my face. But I also use a moisturizer with a bit of self tanner in it. I've never had any problems with it. But I don't think it would be a good idea to use oil before being sprayed. When I was trained they said it would create a barrier. But I have never tried it either.

Latest posts

Back