Not tanning on sunbeds, exfoliating/moisturising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadaDaisy

Reaction score
I’m very pale, in the past I’ve only ever been on the sunbeds once and that was enough for me to tan (but it was after I’d been to Turkey for a week so I guess by then my skin had gotten used to it, even though I came back pale still). However, I now have no base tan, I’ve been on the beds about 6 times now (leaving 2/3 days between each session), I started at 6 minutes and went to 9. But I am neither tanning nor burning. I’m just remaining the exact same, but I haven’t differed in colour at all! I decided to have a google after today’s 9 minute session and I realised I haven’t been exfoliating. Could this be the reason? If so, how often should I be exfoliating? Do I exfoliate, go for a session the next day and then not exfoliate until the night before my next session? Do I need to exfoliate after sessions too? Any other possible reasons that I’m now not tanning also would help! And just general advice on prepping for sessions/session aftercare. Or is this completely normal with it only being around my 6th/7th time on the bed, and hopefully I’ll get that base tan if I just keep going as I am? Thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back